• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I'm looking to graduate from a bench mount, crank style case trimmer, to something a little more automated. I have been searching for past threads on this topic, as well as the internet.

I think I have come down to either the WFT from Little Crow Gun Works, or the Giraud Tir Way Trimmer. Since the threads I find here are mostly older than a year or so, I figure I'd ask what the opinions are today. What experiences do you have with these two trimmers? Aside from cost, is there any real difference in performance?

Thank you.[FONT=century gothic,arial,helvetica][/FONT]

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    The Giraudis are a awesome trimmer. Just way to much money for what it is. I would see mine setting on my bench knowing I had 450.00 in it and it bugged the crap out of me. I sold it. While they are nice they are not 500.00 nice. I ended up with a Dillion and have been perfectly satisfied.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I use the drill mounted universal 3-jaw chuck from Lee, along with their cartridge-specific case gauge trimmer pins. It is certainly cost-effective and works very well.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I use the drill mounted universal 3-jaw chuck from Lee, along with their cartridge-specific case gauge trimmer pins. It is certainly cost-effective and works very well.

I have used the Lee (not 3jaw, but the shell holder type) with success also, my only problem with them was after a 5 gallon bucket your fingers hurt and the trimmer pins seem to wear out. The part of the pin that goes through the flash hole would get chewed up.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    WFT For Me....

I have the Little Crow in .223 caliber+LOVE it..

I bought an additional carbide trimmer bit with the original purchase, but, after 10K cases trimmed, have not had to use it..

Heck, I think my drill will wear out before the WFT does..???..Bill.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Eztrimit.com : Have not tried these but theyre next on my list.

I have a WFT for .223 that I chuck in my dewalt and its is a breeze...it takes me longer to deprime than to trim...its clean too...no burrs or rough edges. Would definitely recommend these.

I also have the lee, and while it does a good job, it is not as "rigid" as the WFT and requires more of a "feel"....the inside neck reaming portion is a little floppy so I have to take my time. The hand crank one works better for me.

Hands down for the WFT...but Id like to try the EZ trim it too.

God bless
    -Shred

mr.steve

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plymouth
    I chose the Little Crow WFT in 223. It's fast, accurate and brain dead simple. I've just started reloading 223 so I also did my research on trimmers. YMMV but, you get what you pay for.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have a WFT in .223 and 300BLK

Couldn't be happier with them. Giraud is nice but not worth the cash unless you plan on doing a ton of volume.

I set mine up in a garage sale drill press stand that I can turn the drill horizontally and lock the trigger on. Works great!

jnims9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Crown Point
    I ordered a trim-it II it chamfers/deburs and cuts to length in one step. Similar to the Giraurd drill mounted tri-way trimmer, but you can chance calibers. similar to the wft 2
    Trim It Home

Top Bottom