• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Saw this on Twitter earlier. Hit & run if you don't stop, beat within an inch of your life if you do stop. It's hard to tell from the article, but it sounds like the problem is kids running across the street and/or not adhering to pedestrian crosswalks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    warsaw
    Sounds like a story my wife has about her uncle. He was driving a truck and a guy walked out in front of him. Crazy. I don't envy them. Or train engineers. Same hopeless situation.

Robert8252

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Just going off of assumptions, if you look out your front door and see a gas station, its probably not the best neighborhood crime stat wise... I drive up and down Emerson often from 21st ST all the way past 56th. From 28th - 46th st is full of retards. Not just kids, but adults will walk right out in front of oncoming traffic and cross the street nowhere near an intersection while traffic is traveling at 40mph-50mph. The guy likely accidentally hit the kid, stopped to check on him, call 911, who knows... And when a group of people started running over my thought of normal people in that situation would be they were coming to check on the kid and help. In turn he got beat almost to death and may die now because he stopped to take responsibility of his actions. Hopefully someone was dumb enough to record it and will put it on youtube so the police can arrest the scum that beat a man to death.

Then again, it was Detroit so I'm guessing this was a normal day to some.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    My wife was in a car accident on 38th street and people began to surround her, while she was still in the car.

She didn't wait to see what would happen and took off. Turned herself into police the next day.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Even in Detroit, our poor are the richest on earth and I lay wager that many of those beating the man had a more expensive phone and clothes than I do.

...as for the rest, maybe.

Last edited:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Isn't Detroit considered 3rd world?

I think it should be. I was on my way to Canada last Sunday. I thought I would stop and fill the tank before crossing into Canada (through Detroit and Windsor) because gas is pricey in Canada.

I don't know Detroit, or if there even are any good areas any more. The gas station was in a bad neighborhood. I filled the tank and went inside because I needed to make a pit stop. After glancing around and not seeing the restroom I asked the attendant, behind bullet proof glass of course, "do you have a restroom?". He smirked at me and said, in his exact words, "This is Detroit man, those days are over". Another guy standing in line just smiled at me shaking his head and said, "not in Detroit".

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    So I'll jump in on the other side of it. Some fuch nuts driving 50 mph thru your neiborhood texting and hits a kid. You know good and well if he's got a nickel in his pocket some trash hole lawyer can make it all go away. You can have the justice you know wont be coming now and said fuch nuts will very likely never speed down your street or text and drive again. None of this is legal but if some person speeding down your road hits your kid....... It was they're kid. As a driver it is your responsibility not to hit anyone, their fault or not.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    So I'll jump in on the other side of it. Some fuch nuts driving 50 mph thru your neiborhood texting and hits a kid. You know good and well if he's got a nickel in his pocket some trash hole lawyer can make it all go away. You can have the justice you know wont be coming now and said fuch nuts will very likely never speed down your street or text and drive again. None of this is legal but if some person speeding down your road hits your kid....... It was they're kid. As a driver it is your responsibility not to hit anyone, their fault or not.

where did this come from?

nothing in the article says anything about this guy speeding, texting etc.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

The article mentioned kids running in and out of the street. As a driver I have no control over someone jumping in front of me.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    No control, but full responsibility to be prepared for it.

Uhm... No. There are blind spots between cars and there is zero time to do anything, in some instances. At least in the real world where I drive.

i treated a guy in Chicago who hit a girl on a bike. She came out from between two parked cars and he hit her before he knew she was there. He got out, and had the ever-living crap kicked out of him. The police told him he should not have stopped and helped her. That was 11 years ago.

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    No control, but full responsibility to be prepared for it.
    Dude you must have never driven down an inner city side street??? So many places for little people to hide and jump out with little to no reaction time for the driver... I guess any mistake an adult makes that involves injury to a minor requires a beat down????

Top Bottom