• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    When I lived up in South Haven (Indiana, between Portage and Valpo), street ATV riding was pretty common, and that's in a densely populated area. As far as I could tell, I think the law must have required the absence of a shirt for guys, and the presence of flip flops and shorts.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ... As far as I could tell, I think the law must have required the absence of a shirt for guys, and the presence of flip flops and shorts.

I believe a wife beater T-shirt would be acceptable as well. At least if it's accompanied by some camo.;)

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Good to know! I'll forward to my contact at the DNR and ask them to fix their map.

Glad to help. It seems like more counties are writing these ordinances since so many seem to be using their Mules/Gators/etc. on the county roads. Of course, it also generates a few $$$ from the registration fees.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Z
    2Q==
    2Q==

images
    9k=

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Here in Greene County, we're able to ride on county roads after registering. It's cheap, and it's just a little sticker that goes on the side. Heck, our dealer (now closed after we'd done business with them for decades:() even processed the registration paperwork and registered the Mule for us as part of the deal, without us ever mentioning it. We're not allowed on state roads and local municipalities are either "golf cart friendly" or require their own registration to operate within city limits. I can go out and ride all day and it's probably the biggest perk of buying our Mule, but I'm dying for a LEGAL way to cross the great White River to access the west side of the county.

there is nothing over there but Linton.....:):

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Actually I only wanna go as far as Switz City. Got family there. If they'd just let me cross the river there at Bloomfield and cut down under the bridge...

you could go Calertville road to 625 n pop out on 157 at worthington then back roads to Switz city.....you would only be on 157 for about 3/4 of a mile.....look it up...

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    you could go Calertville road to 625 n pop out on 157 at worthington then back roads to Switz city.....you would only be on 157 for about 3/4 of a mile.....look it up...
    Worthington cops aren't usually too friendly, or maybe that's just with me.:dunno: Don't wanna risk a ticket or impound on one of them having a bad day. We're not agricultural so I don't think we're even allowed a short stint like that on the highway.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Worthington cops aren't usually too friendly, or maybe that's just with me.:dunno: Don't wanna risk a ticket or impound on one of them having a bad day. We're not agricultural so I don't think we're even allowed a short stint like that on the highway.

side by side or 4 wheeler?.....yes i know...but side by sides are legal in town and if you have a triangle should be good to go...

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    There is a guy with special needs who drives his Gator on the roads in the City of Lawrence (Indianapolis). Hes done it for years. Pretty sure he got a new Gator a few years back. He has the triangle on the back for safety.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    side by side or 4 wheeler?.....yes i know...but side by sides are legal in town and if you have a triangle should be good to go...

Ah! The Triangle. Never thought of that, now we're full on Ag!

triangle.png

Side by side. Kawasaki Mule.

Unfortunately, I've checked the map and from my house to as far downriver as Elnora and haven't yet found a non-highway crossing. According to the IC, my vehicle can't have a triangle but can operate on the right-of-way adjacent to the highway. I'm stumped.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Side by side. Kawasaki Mule.

Unfortunately, I've checked the map and from my house to as far downriver as Elnora and haven't yet found a non-highway crossing. According to the IC, my vehicle can't have a triangle but can operate on the right-of-way adjacent to the highway. I'm stumped.

i thought as by county rules you had to have a triangle on UTV/golfcart plus ORV stickers?....i have ran my Gator everywhere and never got a second look...

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    i thought as by county rules you had to have a triangle on UTV/golfcart plus ORV stickers?....i have ran my Gator everywhere and never got a second look...
    I can't even find any county rules and regulations for Greene County. I even went so far as to call the Sheriff's department and phone hop asking questions regarding riding on the road and was eventually just told the same things that the IC told me. If you have a link to any such rules and regulations, I'd be extremely grateful for it.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Wabash Co. is a joke. Most counties allow driving roads with registration, but not Wabash Co....but you go to towns like N. Manchester and golf carts and SXS go all over. DNR says its illegal but do nothing because they don't want to ruffle local cops. ISP also says illegal but do nothing...but drive one just outside of town in the country even in the ditch line off the road going slow and no traffic and they will ticket you in a heart beat. Another reason besides the highest taxes to hate Wabash Co.

Top Bottom