• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Watch these drone guys on you tube. The most popular did a video on coming to Indiana to answer questions before they voted on the bill. Guy made like $60k his very first year finding deer shot in PA. If I wasn’t retired I think I would do this for a business. It’s amazing how many deer he finds that hunters couldn’t. Plus unlike dogs if the deer isn’t dead it doesn’t spook it. It’s also amazing how many deer survive what looks like perfect shots sometimes. Critics should watch some of these on you tube.

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Folks need to be aware that just because the state allows it doesn't mean it'll be legal in all areas. Forest Service designated wilderness areas for example.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Show up with a bunch of $$. Those drones are not cheap. We are talking $12k plus court costs.
    Cost never entered into my thought, and no we are not talking about cost of the device. We/I am talking about my privacy on my property. Not to mention trespassing if one were to enter my property to retrieve the downed animal. I’ve been down that very road when I shot a deer and he ran to a property that was owned by a very cantankerous old farmer. I had to get a CO involved.

Granted I can’t and don’t have any input about what happens in space, but right over my head on my property, I believe I could make a good argument for invasion of privacy.

IANAL but unless this has already been litigated in Indiana I think I could make a good argument. This is probably a moot point because given the proliferation of these devices it’s most likely already been in the courts.

If I am judged wrong, then I’m out the $$, and willing to pay the price.

@HoughMade @Kirk Freeman

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Cost never entered into my thought, and no we are not talking about cost of the device. We/I am talking about my privacy on my property. Not to mention trespassing if one were to enter my property to retrieve the downed animal. I’ve been down that very road when I shot a deer and he ran to a property that was owned by a very cantankerous old farmer. I had to get a CO involved.

Granted I can’t and don’t have any input about what happens in space, but right over my head on my property, I believe I could make a good argument for invasion of privacy.

IANAL but unless this has already been litigated in Indiana I think I could make a good argument. This is probably a moot point because given the proliferation of these devices it’s most likely already been in the courts.

@HoughMade @Kirk Freeman
    Ya you’re going down in flames.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In

@HoughMade @Kirk Freeman
    Your lucky a CO was able to change the land owners mind he didn’t have to let get the deer even with a CO!

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Your lucky a CO was able to change the land owners mind he didn’t have to let get the deer even with a CO!
    Yep, that’s why I said what I said re: coming onto my property after a deer was found by the drone.

The old guy has been a thorn in the side of hunters for decades. He even took one guys deer back in the 90’s.

I’ve been an outdoorsman my whole life, I’ve argued over fishing, hunting, trapping permission for what seems like forever. I keep my permission book up to date, keep good records and know different generations of CO’s by first and last name. It’s saved my bacon many times, as well as given me a good/fair education on property law as it pertains to said activity.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Opinion won’t matter when you break the law and shoot a drone down. Might even find out it’s a federal offense. Educate yourself, that’s my opinion so you save yourself some headaches and money.
    Never said “my opinion“, I clearly stated mine from the start.

Well my education has been thus far today that I read the first post and the new Indiana SB 189, signed on the 11th, I could be mistaken but.

“a person may not knowingly use an unmanned aerial vehicle (as defined by IC 35-31.5-2-342.3) to search for, scout, locate, or detect a wild animal to which the hunting season applies as an aid to take the wild animal.
    (d) A person may legally operate an unmanned aerial vehicle with infrared abilities to locate and recover a legally taken wild animal. This subsection does not authorize a person to:
    (1) enter the property of another person; or
    (2) recover an animal from the property of another person; without the permission of the landowner.”

Now if the fed’s want to take this up that’s up to them.

Further you must really need to argue if you replied after I clearly only said “ I read YOUR opinion “ that was the totality and end of my post. Nothing else, no arguing with you, or any other anonymous person on the www. Have a good day.

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Where is that area in Indiana?
    Deam wilderness, Hoosier National Forest for one. The USFS may not allow drone use on the rest of the forest as well. State lands may have rules as well. Monroe Lake is a Army Corps of engineers area, might want to check with them as well

Top Bottom