• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nkdninjafrog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Muncie
    driving back from visiting my grandpa, i noticed what i originally thought to be a plane flying over HWY3/US 35. normally i wouldnt have noticed it, because small aircraft are common here with the muncie airport and all, but i thought it was going to crash, so i was watching to see if it was really going to happen. then it banked to my left and i realized it was actually a UAV. there arent any flight bases around muncie that i'm aware of, so whats the deal?

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    FWIW, I was chatting with a guy in Goshen last week who reported seeing a similar thing. He was driving along and saw what appeared to him to be an RC plane flying alongside the road. After driving awhile and it was still there, he realized that no RC pilot would still have it in sight. Hmmm ...

WE ARE BEING DRONED. :eek:

nkdninjafrog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Muncie
    cpl klingler, it looked closer to the second one than the first. i just said uav cuz im on my phone and unmanned aerial vehicle is really long

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    that's right by the ama. i would venture to say it was a model airplane or at least a model of a real uav. i suppose they could be training on smaller airfields like that but unlikely.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Well I suppose that makes sense. It just seemed a little too big to be an RC model which is why I was curious
    This isn't a pic of me or one I took. But this isn't the biggest RC plane I've seen.

giant-scale-rc-airplanes1.jpg

And we used to do "Cross country" flights where we would take off then pile into a car and fly to a local hobby shop. Had to modify the planes to make the flight but it was a lot of fun. Gave up R/C plane to pay for gun stuff.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Recently? Are you good at estimating their altitude? I'm just curious.

I know there will be a few in the air over Speedway this weekend, but I have no idea what altitudes they typically loiter.

Yes recently. As recent as March early April.

Both times unit was headimg south towards Atterbury.

Id say they were 1000-1500 ft off deck

Top Bottom