• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Which, if it didn't capture ample data about the person with who it was in closest proximity at the point its propulsion/lift systems bit the dust, what's the likelihood of there being sufficient ballistics evidence left in the wreckage to build a case around?

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    driving back from visiting my grandpa, i noticed what i originally thought to be a plane flying over HWY3/US 35. normally i wouldnt have noticed it, because small aircraft are common here with the muncie airport and all, but i thought it was going to crash, so i was watching to see if it was really going to happen. then it banked to my left and i realized it was actually a UAV. there arent any flight bases around muncie that i'm aware of, so whats the deal?

Get some pics if you are able.
    Hat tip to Munice.
    [www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCafRSfPfww]

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    You were right near the headquarters of the Academy of Model Aeronautics. They have multiple flying fields there, and host many RC flying events.

Take off your tin foil chapeaux. Not every small aircraft you see in the air is a drone looking to see if you prefer boxers or briefs.

nkdninjafrog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Muncie
    You were right near the headquarters of the Academy of Model Aeronautics. They have multiple flying fields there, and host many RC flying events.

Take off your tin foil chapeaux. Not every small aircraft you see in the air is a drone looking to see if you prefer boxers or briefs.

no need to be angry! i don't dabble in those things so why would i know about that? if you saw something bigger than a normal RC plane, but smaller than a private single engine, what else could it be?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Years ago the Prarie Creek area was a host to a huge RC aircraft following. I assume this is all a part of that continued.

Ronald

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    On my way to Michigan City a few weeks ago, I'm pretty sure that I saw a pair of them on HWY35 between Logansport and Royal Center. There were 2 of them and they were working their way north, flying in a circular pattern over to HWY 17 maybe, or HWY 25, and then came back to 35. After I entered Royal Center I no longer saw them. I'm not sure what their range is, but I figured they were from the base along 31.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Gotta lead em a bit.
    5245766768_f3444dfa61_z.jpg

Top Bottom