• ...and so much more!
  • mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    :drill: Somebody keepin' track here?
    The Secret Service now has the authority to violate our 1A rights to assemble and/or speak out and arrest us if they see fit; our 2A rights are dominoing (count the state legislatures in reactionary mode while Feinstein & Co. make their moves from DC) and now the AG says our 5A right to due process can be thrown out any window if "extraordinary circumstances" are in play.
    Don't forget to pay your income taxes next month. :spend:
    G'night, gunners. Here endeth the rant. I felt safe doing it knowing there's no way a drone could fly over INGOiana in this wea.......

It is nothing but re-establishment of the Feudal system, unless we change it.

374401_500746433296196_1241539553_n.jpg

Thank you for this, LMAO, but riddle me this, how did the art of dog-fighting start in WW1? I know a few people with private planes.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    No I do not... Gee Dubya was the king of taking your freedoms

But in fact BHO ran against the Bush record.

And W is not the president, so people nattering about what W might have done is irrelevant.

Fact is we have a progressive community-organizer in the WH, and he embraces such policies.

This is not an indictment of BHO only, this is telling with respect to the MSM and all liberals who have been silent on these issues.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    If the White House found out about the 9/11 attacks early enough to order a drone strike against the passenger jets headed toward the World Trade Center, do you think the President would lack the authority to order such strike? Could he kill the Americans on those planes to save those in the buildings?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Doubtful he would have used a drone. They would have more likely used fighter jets. Neither of those events are a good example that would have justified drone attacks.

Mos Eisley

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013

That picture is quite ironic, in that the running family being attacked by the drone is lifted directly from an "illegal immigrant crossing" sign used in California. I'll bet there would be a bit more support for drone strikes if the focus was what is portrayed in your sign.

Illegals_zps3cec2187.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If the White House found out about the 9/11 attacks early enough to order a drone strike against the passenger jets headed toward the World Trade Center, do you think the President would lack the authority to order such strike? Could he kill the Americans on those planes to save those in the buildings?

You have overlooked that at the point such a decision was made, those on the airplanes were dead already, just a matter of details. Destroying the planes would have simply removed those in the buildings from the casualty count without 'sacrificing' anyone who otherwise would have lived.

Brian 45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    RINO"S in the white house or Dems make no difference but take note we are dealing with the current guy because 4 Million Republicans who voted last time choose to stay at home rather than vote in 2012. SAD SAD SAD!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    RINO"S in the white house or Dems make no difference but take note we are dealing with the current guy because 4 Million Republicans who voted last time choose to stay at home rather than vote in 2012. SAD SAD SAD!

True enough, but what are you going to tell those 4 million people when they ask you to tell them what the difference was between Obama and Romney aside from a few details. Vote against the man who brought you ObamaCare by voting for the man who invented it in its American form? Vote against a man who is not a friend of the Second Amendment by voting for a man who has been both for and against anti-gun laws depending on which way the wind was blowing at any given time? As you said, there really isn't any difference between a D and a RINO.

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Re: drone strikes...

If we don't need "weapons of war" on our city streets, then there is no need for the government to fly "weapons of war" above them either.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I agree with wakproductions. That's a very good reason for us to get bigger toys not have them taken away. Of course we are never going to keep up with the government but it looks like we should try. This country is becoming a train wreak in a hurry.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    You have overlooked that at the point such a decision was made, those on the airplanes were dead already, just a matter of details. Destroying the planes would have simply removed those in the buildings from the casualty count without 'sacrificing' anyone who otherwise would have lived.

So it would have been okay to use drones against American citizen in such an extreme situation? An "extraordinary circumstance"?

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    They would just use F-16s like they normally do to intercept planes. Supposedly they "couldnt" scramble any in time, but thats a whole different debate.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What I dont understand is how the Left was so judgmental and quick to call the Bush administration warmongering and violating human rights when the US Govt was waterboarding terrorists and holding them in detention, but now that the Republicans are out of office, indefinite detention of US citizens and drone strikes on US soil is on the table? How can they not have a problem with that?!?!?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    What I dont understand is how the Left was so judgmental and quick to call the Bush administration warmongering and violating human rights when the US Govt was waterboarding terrorists and holding them in detention, but now that the Republicans are out of office, indefinite detention of US citizens and drone strikes on US soil is on the table? How can they not have a problem with that?!?!?
    Because the elites of both parties are warmongers and violators of human rights.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So it would have been okay to use drones against American citizen in such an extreme situation? An "extraordinary circumstance"?

Unlikely to be done with drones, although in principle it doesn't really matter--I am not so concerned with the use of drones as opposed to manned aircraft so much as I am concerned with the abuses of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness in which they are likely to be employed. I was addressing deliberate action causing the death of innocent citizens, specifically so far as the distasteful choice to prevent further casualties has to be made especially when there is no realistic way to save those on the plane one way or the other (I don't believe a boarding from a special stealth plane like the Seagal movie would be a feasible plan). My point was to separate distasteful but necessary decisions from arbitrarily executing people without due process including and especially charges and a trial.

Top Bottom