• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I think the mounting hysteria over "Drones" is hilarious. Nothing more than a RC aircraft and people have been flying them for 50 years or more. The FAA thinks they can regulate them?

Government can never keep up with technology. Watching them spit and sputter over things they can't control is very entertaining.

I hope every household purchases one. I got one with a digital camera for 65 bucks from a gun store. That makes it even more delicious when I fly it.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    I think the mounting hysteria over "Drones" is hilarious. Nothing more than a RC aircraft and people have been flying them for 50 years or more. The FAA thinks they can regulate them?

Government can never keep up with technology. Watching them spit and sputter over things they can't control is very entertaining.

I hope every household purchases one. I got one with a digital camera for 65 bucks from a gun store. That makes it even more delicious when I fly it.

I have wanted to get one with a camera setup for a while.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I laugh at all the "drone" hysteria as well. 99% of the time it's a remote control quadcopter.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You laugh at the hysteria now... just wait until the police hit you with a boner drone..... then let's see who is hysterical.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I am really tempted to get one. However, I can see where they would be addicting and I already have enough hobbies to drain the wallet.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington

By such reasoning, the folks who shine hi-power lasers (even a .5mW laserpointer can be blinding) at an aircraft is no big deal....until it is. Someone will fly a quadcopter into some No-Fly zone and it will get sucked into a jet engine. Lose an engine on final approach or take-off? Either is a recipe for disaster.

It's not that necessary for the FAA to keep up. Just saw a news item about the top QC-maker in China, and they're writing code into the software so that such vehicles won't operate in designated No-Fly zones. Will someone be able to hack the code? Obviously, but not your average Joe.

Finally, I guess you'd have no problem with your neighbor's QC hovering over HIS property, but with the QC's HD camera focused on your (or your daughter's) bedroom window. FREEDOM!!

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    By such reasoning, the folks who shine hi-power lasers (even a .5mW laserpointer can be blinding) at an aircraft is no big deal....until it is. Someone will fly a quadcopter into some No-Fly zone and it will get sucked into a jet engine. Lose an engine on final approach or take-off? Either is a recipe for disaster.

It's not that necessary for the FAA to keep up. Just saw a news item about the top QC-maker in China, and they're writing code into the software so that such vehicles won't operate in designated No-Fly zones. Will someone be able to hack the code? Obviously, but not your average Joe.

Finally, I guess you'd have no problem with your neighbor's QC hovering over HIS property, but with the QC's HD camera focused on your (or your daughter's) bedroom window. FREEDOM!!
    We have laws against interfering with flying aircraft, flying anything into no-fly zones, and we have laws against watching/recording people in their homes.

No further regulation on these is needed. Anything bad you can do with them is already illegal. The only further steps we could take would be to regulate purchasing or outlaw them.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I've been flying RC stuff since the '70's. Just like those involved in firearms, there are idiots involved in RC. Now it's even worse because they have made it so easy to fly that anyone can pick it up and do something stupid. All the laws in the world aren't going to fix the idiots in this world whether they're playing with RC models or firearms or anything else.

Matt

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I've been flying RC stuff since the '70's. Just like those involved in firearms, there are idiots involved in RC. Now it's even worse because they have made it so easy to fly that anyone can pick it up and do something stupid. All the laws in the world aren't going to fix the idiots in this world whether they're playing with RC models or firearms or anything else.

Matt

It used to be BIG money getting into RC, now, not so much.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Other side of the basement is my building bench and helis, quads. Reloading bench and gun cabinet I n another corner.
    I really need a better storage system.
    Matt

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom