• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Nope, just a ruling that said abortion was legal, but you knew that…
    No. The ruling said that making it illegal was unconstitutional. That made all of the state laws unconstitutional, which is a very different thing than the feds saying Marijuana is a schedule 1 drug, while states say it is legal to use.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Safe? You can buy lots of things that are not safe. Why should the government restrict some but not others?
    Why indeed. Why do they prosecute some criminals and not others? Why do they send the FBI and IRS after some people and not others? Why do they fire some people for not getting vaccinated while allowing millions to come into the country without?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    So we wanted FDA restrictions on vaccines, but now we don't want any restrictions?
    Shouldn't there be no restrictions on vaccines? Then people can make make their own decisions about the vaccine they buy.

Vaccines that people don't like won't succeed in the market, vaccines that people like will make it.

I'm going to add RIT dye to the vaccines I make at home so the look more colorful.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I wonder what their issue is with the bill. I skimmed over it. There is a lot about testing different versions of fentanyl, which I am not clear as to why we need a bill for. Then there is making it a schedule 1 drug permanently, which I am surprised it isn't already.

I wonder if he has reached out to the Ds to see what their issue is, or if this is another pure political stunt.
    Fentanyl is the most common pain medication we order in our ER, and it seems all EMS crews carry it. So to claim there is no medical use for it is ridiculous, which is a component of making something schedule I

I am not a huge fan of it for pain control because it doesn't last very long. Morphine or Dilaudid hang around better but cause more hypotension and allergy reactions. Fentanyl being synthetic helps against those.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Fentanyl is the most common pain medication we order in our ER, and it seems all EMS crews carry it. So to claim there is no medical use for it is ridiculous, which is a component of making something schedule I

I am not a huge fan of it for pain control because it doesn't last very long. Morphine or Dilaudid hang around better but cause more hypotension and allergy reactions. Fentanyl being synthetic helps against those.
    Thats a bit frightening, its not like Fentanyl is something new. What has fueled the change to use it now?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    It said there are up to 4,800 analogs to fentanyl so if they make one drug illegal, china just changes the precursor compounds a little and legally ships it to mexico for processing and smuggling into the US.

(Smuggling used to be risky and difficult. We need a new word for it now since it is so easy with all the alien traffic coming into the US. Maybe "bringing" is more appropriate than smuggling.)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Thats a bit frightening, its not like Fentanyl is something new. What has fueled the change to use it now?
    Morphine causes a lot of itching, nausea, and drops in blood pressure. Fentanyl really is very clean as far as side effects and interactions. But it's not uncommon to see EMS give max approved prehospital dose to elderly patients who now need oxygen for an hour or two.

It's also great to give nasally to kids for pain control or mild sedation before procedures.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Morphine causes a lot of itching, nausea, and drops in blood pressure. Fentanyl really is very clean as far as side effects and interactions. But it's not uncommon to see give max approved prehospital dose to elderly patients who now need oxygen for an hour or two.

It's also great to give nasally to kids for pain control or mild sedation before procedures.
    Thanks.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Morphine causes a lot of itching, nausea, and drops in blood pressure. Fentanyl really is very clean as far as side effects and interactions. But it's not uncommon to see EMS give max approved prehospital dose to elderly patients who now need oxygen for an hour or two.

Heck, you might want to give it to them nasally before the dance...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

So you are against that bill too?

Top Bottom