drug testing welfare recipients violates 4th Amendment???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    But we only want to punish the poor, not middle class or rich.

I would be fine with drug testing anyone that gets gubmint money, college students, farmers, corporate boards, etc.
    The problem is we can only get student loans from the govt now. They took over the business. If there was another choice for people who want to do drugs in college then yeah go for it...but it is also not a handout like welfare so I don't see there ever being a big clamor for people to start drug testing college students.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Whitsettd8

Those are perks of the job if you want a take home car go be a cop or other state employee that gets a take home car. If you want free health care give 20 years of your life to serve your country or be a Senator. All known perks of the jobs mentioned.
    I'm sure if you work at KFC you get all the fried chicken you want too.
    Hmmm maybe I need to get a job at a bacon factory.

We're drug tested

I know I was just saying being a cop or retired veteran and receiving a take home car or health care is a far cry from "welfare". I view them as "perks" associated with a position.
    Thats at least how I saw in my brain place, might not have transferred to the keyboard in context.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Sallie Mae provides private student loans; the bulk of mine (60k worth) were private through SM.
    Is this still the case? I thought somewhere deep in obamacare, or some other piece of unconstitutional garbage, the govt now deals with all student loans. I know mine are all 100% from .gov, I received them from 2009 -2013. It may be that the govt is only doing some of the larger loans, I have 200k+ in loans to pay off, so perhaps smaller loans are still through Sallie Mae????

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Before I begin,I am not a member of the tin-foil hat club nor the "There were big black helicopters" crowd.This is simply the view of one individual who looks at things a bit differently.So here we go folks:

Welfare will not be taken away,the ability for control that welfare provides is too much of an asset to the agenda of those who wish to be in total control.When going on welfare,you are one step further to becoming a serf.

Say,for example,that one of the questions on welfare includes disclosure of firearm ownership due to firearms being determined as a "greater risk" to human well-being."Screw them,it's none of their damn business" right?Keep in mind that the person making this decision is the one who provides food and healthcare for your family,and it is unwise to bite the hand that feeds.

In midieval times,the king owned all of the land,the water,and the food that the serfs produced.At any time,a new tax or a seizure of the year's crops could occur and nobody dared defy this for fear of banishment to survive on their own or outright death of one or more family members.

Basically,the formula for human control is simple.Provide a basic human need such as food,shelter,or healthcare,and then threaten to take that away if defiance occurs.The strong-willed will fight,but most will realize that concession will provide for their family because they don't want to have to get off the couch and do it.The laziness of man is a greater motivation than many people realize.

In short,welfare creates a slippery slope of freedom being slowly stripped away;

Politician X:"We need to register all firearms."
    Welfare Guy:"That goes against what I feel is right,but they feed my family.I guess I can live with it."
    Politician X:"These high capacity magazines are a danger to the children,they must be done away with."
    Welfare Guy:"But ten rounds is my standard capacity.They pay for my healthcare,seven rounds is good enough for me."

See where this is going?

Add to this the "popular factor" of being the one everyone counts on and you have yourself a politician who can eat the Constitution for lunch and have the Bill of Rights for dessert.

This economy is being weakened more by the minute and the government is promoting it because it forces more and more people onto welfare and under control.The ultimate goal is to be in charge of a nation of dependents who wouldn't dare bite the hand that feeds.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Before I begin,I am not a member of the tin-foil hat club nor the "There were big black helicopters" crowd.This is simply the view of one individual who looks at things a bit differently.So here we go folks:

Welfare will not be taken away,the ability for control that welfare provides is too much of an asset to the agenda of those who wish to be in total control.When going on welfare,you are one step further to becoming a serf.

Say,for example,that one of the questions on welfare includes disclosure of firearm ownership due to firearms being determined as a "greater risk" to human well-being."Screw them,it's none of their damn business" right?Keep in mind that the person making this decision is the one who provides food and healthcare for your family,and it is unwise to bite the hand that feeds.

In midieval times,the king owned all of the land,the water,and the food that the serfs produced.At any time,a new tax or a seizure of the year's crops could occur and nobody dared defy this for fear of banishment to survive on their own or outright death of one or more family members.

Basically,the formula for human control is simple.Provide a basic human need such as food,shelter,or healthcare,and then threaten to take that away if defiance occurs.The strong-willed will fight,but most will realize that concession will provide for their family because they don't want to have to get off the couch and do it.The laziness of man is a greater motivation than many people realize.

In short,welfare creates a slippery slope of freedom being slowly stripped away;

Politician X:"We need to register all firearms."
    Welfare Guy:"That goes against what I feel is right,but they feed my family.I guess I can live with it."
    Politician X:"These high capacity magazines are a danger to the children,they must be done away with."
    Welfare Guy:"But ten rounds is my standard capacity.They pay for my healthcare,seven rounds is good enough for me."

See where this is going?

Add to this the "popular factor" of being the one everyone counts on and you have yourself a politician who can eat the Constitution for lunch and have the Bill of Rights for dessert.

This economy is being weakened more by the minute and the government is promoting it because it forces more and more people onto welfare and under control.The ultimate goal is to be in charge of a nation of dependents who wouldn't dare bite the hand that feeds.

Absolutely correct. While welfare may have been started just to help those that couldn't help themselves, politicians quickly understood it is a great way to control people. Same as a drug dealer...get them hooked, so they have to come back for more, and teach them they can only survive with your help. They are taught they are less than a human being and can not make it on their own. Perhaps kicking those off that are doing drugs will show them they can survive without govt money...probably not though. I guess we will all get to find out when everything collapses (whenever that will happen), they will be the ones hurt the most.

PwrCruz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Westside Indy
    I think anyone receiving any type of money from the government should have to be drug tested, from the POTUS all the way down to some one on welfare and everyone in between.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    I think it was brought up and ignored earlier, but are those of you in favor of drug testing recipients of state funds also in favor of footing the bill for it?

I'm not sure how one can be simultaneously unhappy with being taxed to pay for welfare yet in favor of increasing its cost significantly, but I've seen bigger logical disconnects here before.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    I agree they need to be tested. I'm tested to work. If I didn't agree, someone else would have this job. As said before, if I fail a test, no one is worried about my family. That's a choice I would make to take away from my family, not the taxpayers. Our country is going the wrong way as far as more and more people are living off of the ones working, us. Nuff said, this gets my blood pressure up.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I think it was brought up and ignored earlier, but are those of you in favor of drug testing recipients of state funds also in favor of footing the bill for it?

I'm not sure how one can be simultaneously unhappy with being taxed to pay for welfare yet in favor of increasing its cost significantly for little gain, but I've seen bigger logical disconnects here before.
    Just deduct it from the benefits.

Top Bottom