mail

I can't see any of your images...

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    I also had a little trouble pushing out the barrel pin but still didnt take me longer that 5-10min to push it out ( i used a ak builder press tool to do it) however it not a hard tool to rig up modifying a old worthless socket and a harden oil stock rod stock. a press is a must the bigger the better(not because you need the beefier press buts it ground clearance. the biggest problem i ran into was demilling the rear trunnion these rivets are very hard some press out fine others need drilling and then pressing there really not that many jigs and fixtures you really need unless your planning on building a whole lot of ak styled guns. most just make jigs out of scrape lying around i strongly suggest building your own its alot of fun and you learn alot.

What tonnage press did you use duffman?
    I know it had to be more than 12 ton because with my 12 ton I crushed the first two hardened pins. The third held the full 12 tons & was pressing it through the barrel pin until I gave it a few good whacks with a sledge hammer on the base to get it to break free.
    Yes I know a lot of builders make there own jigs & fixtures. But if you had no way to build your own & had to buy them it would cost more than if you just bought the gun outright. And then you wouldn't have the headache of working out all the bugs (problems).

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    What tonnage press did you use duffman?
    I know it had to be more than 12 ton because with my 12 ton I crushed the first two hardened pins. The third held the full 12 tons & was pressing it through the barrel pin until I gave it a few good whacks with a sledge hammer on the base to get it to break free.
    Yes I know a lot of builders make there own jigs & fixtures. But if you had no way to build your own & had to buy them it would cost more than if you just bought the gun outright. And then you wouldn't have the headache of working out all the bugs (problems).
    i have 30 ton here on the farm i didnt need all that much force to push it out that if the trunnion cocked even alittle it would bind up so it has to be perfectly straight and it really hard to see if cocks a little. but the beauity of the 30 ton was it height i didnt have to block up my press to accormadate for the barrels long length. there are some great you tubes video that should a psl build from start to finsh and he goes in great depth about homemade jigs and fixtures and how he made them. he also rivets with a rivet gun and not the ak builder press rivet methiod so cost in tools is very low doing it that way.

Top Bottom