Drunk And Disorderly Is No Way To Go Thru Life, Son.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Especially in my neighbourhood. He could have likely evaded any hassles if he hadn't decided to get all touchy feely and play the badge card.

via Indy Star

NOBLESVILLE -- A Martinsville police officer was arrested at a sold-out concert in Hamilton County over the weekend.Anthony "Tony" Hollis, 42, Martinsville, was arrested Saturday night at Verizon Wireless Music Center and charged with misdemeanor counts of public intoxication, disorderly conduct and resisting law enforcement.
    According to a statement from Hamilton County Sheriff's Deputy Vicky Dunbar, Hollis and his girlfriend, Candace Lyles, 41, Martinsville, were attending Saturday's Nickelback rock concert when she needed to use the restroom. Because the lines for the women's restroom were so long, police say, Hollis took his girlfriend into the men's restroom. When the two exited the men's room, the two "literally walked into" a deputy working security at the event, Dunbar said.When the deputy questioned the two, Hollis reportedly told the officer twice, "there's no need to worry about it," and told Lyles to leave.
    As Lyles attempted to leave, the deputy grabbed her by her arm to stop her. Hollis then grabbed the officer's arm, sparking a minor scuffle. Other officers arrived moments later and helped subdue Hollis, placing him under arrest.
    "When he arrived at our office, he continued to be verbally belligerent," Dunbar said. "He told officers he was a Martinsville police officer and they didn't know what they were doing."
    Hollis was released the next day after posting a $2,500 bond.
    Dunbar said alcohol played a major factor in the altercation.
    More at the source, including a certain someone's BAC.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I thought cops didn't bust other cops?

Probably would have been OK had they simply said it was an emergency, and the women's room lines were too darned long for her to hold it. I don't know what they heck they do in there, but it simply doesn't take THAT long to pee even if you gotta sit down. Do your business and get out, the makeover can wait! LOL.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Sheesh! These are the kind of cops that make the rest of them look bad. Kudos to to the arresting officers for not letting him get away with it.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I thought cops didn't bust other cops?

Probably would have been OK had they simply said it was an emergency, and the women's room lines were too darned long for her to hold it. I don't know what they heck they do in there, but it simply doesn't take THAT long to pee even if you gotta sit down. Do your business and get out, the makeover can wait! LOL.

I say that every time I have to stand in a long line. It really doesn't take that long.

kaforgey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Camden
    "Sheesh! These are the kind of cops that make the rest of them look bad. Kudos to to the arresting officers for not letting him get away with it."

:+1:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    One of the rare occasions where a cop gets busted. His actions of taking his gf into the mens room show the cop mentality that they don't have to wait in lines, wait for stop lights or go the speed limit. Probably only busted him b/c they are from Hamilton Co and he was from the Soufside! Not all cops are this way obviously. But how often have you been passed by a cop speeding with the family in the car or one that flips the lights on to run a red light and turn em off a half block away? Not bashin them all, just an observation.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Another one Of Martinsville's finest. Already have two being investigated for tazing a kid and now this. Looks like Martinsville will be short some officers. Maybe they have been hiring the Pacers.:D

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The thing about this is that the HCSD is actually pretty lenient when it comes to Verizon concerts. They let people alone, unless they get totally out of control or violent. I've never seen them leaning on people at any of the concerts I've been to there. Shoot, they even busted the old mayor of Noblesville for getting violent with his girlfriend.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I think the line got drawn when he grabbed the officers arm. I am willing to bet he would have been let go if his drunk ass would have thought clearly! Oh ya....ya dont usually think clearly when your drunk...been there done that.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    Very true in that it takes a bit more to make the decision to arrest another cop. But there is a line. Apparently the Mooresville officer crossed it.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    While I'm speculating upon the subject based upon strong generalities, but what strikes me to be the hypocrisy for this Martinsville cop, is the likelihood that he has probably arrested other individuals for much less offensive behavior on their part.

The only method that I can see for him to stay within his profession, is he to step up and admit a problem with alcohol. Realistically speaking, his problem is more likely to be just plain ol' arrogance of his own perceived power.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Few things wrong with this:

Most glaringly, why in the %&#@ are two 40+ year old people at a freaking Nickelback concert???

Top Bottom