• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    So that can happen to a life-long alcoholic if their BAC ever drops below .19? Or should I say, POINT ONE NINE (for emphasis)?????

Edit:

So if they can't function, I guess they wake up with a glass of liquor and then drive where ever they need to go? Do these people have jobs? If so, how could they get by with being that drunk everyday without anyone ever smelling it?

Years ago, I use to help my dad clean a tavern on EARLY Sunday morning. We use to get guys who started the shakes from just over night. I know that it's against the law to sell on Sundays. I was probably 8 - 9 years old. But it was odd seeing people getting the DT's just over night.

I assure that there are people out there instead of taking smoke breaks they get a few drinks from a conveniently stored bottle.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    straight vodka is hard to detect even close up, if you work a job where you do your own thing all day it wouldn't be that difficult (i knew a forklift driver when i was in high school that would slam vodka to "get through his shift" at the plant). Also in the handbook of beating dui arrests, it says "eat a reeces peanut butter cup" which not only hides the smell of alcohol but explains my svelte physique

Usually if I stop a person and see them eating or chewing something, I have them stop for 20 minutes. This allows any alcohol dissipate from their mouth. If then I feel that they have been drinking they do an SFST test 9field sobriety test and a breath test.

Unfortunately, there are people like you stated. Eventually people catch on to what they are doing and they start losing their job. I have been around too many hard core alcoholics. It's not a pretty thing.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    yep .04 with a cdl bad girl

No, .20.

Years ago, I use to help my dad clean a tavern on EARLY Sunday morning. We use to get guys who started the shakes from just over night. I know that it's against the law to sell on Sundays. I was probably 8 - 9 years old. But it was odd seeing people getting the DT's just over night.

I assure that there are people out there instead of taking smoke breaks they get a few drinks from a conveniently stored bottle.

You mean they would show up to the bar shaking the next morning, needing more booze?

That's messed up...How could anyone afford that? It's not like they could possibly have a good, high paying job to go to everyday if they need alcohol in their system to function.:n00b:

I'm not sure what the issue is? Many people here believe drinking and driving should not be illegal. :rolleyes:

No one was hurt...right? Again...what's the issue?

According to them there are plenty of laws to cover it if she had hurt or killed someone.

Yeah, there are some "victimless crimes" that I disagree with, but driving while intoxicated (on anything) is certainly not one of them. People can put themselves in danger all they want, but when they put other people's lives in danger they should be dealt with accordingly.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    No, .20.

You mean they would show up to the bar shaking the next morning, needing more booze?

That's messed up...How could anyone afford that? It's not like they could possibly have a good, high paying job to go to everyday if they need alcohol in their system to function.:n00b:

Yeah, there are some "victimless crimes" that I disagree with, but driving while intoxicated (on anything) is certainly not one of them. People can put themselves in danger all they want, but when they put other people's lives in danger they should be dealt with accordingly.

If they bought a bottle for the next day, it would be gone by the norning. I push to the limit as far as drunk drivers go but I deeply feel sorry for them and the position that they placed themselves in. Not for the crime they committed but for the lost soul. It is a waste.

This didn't happen overnight. Had a drunk driver this last weekend...#4 for him. And he is under 25 years old. Even if he wanted to get help, it would be a long uphill battle that odds are he won't make.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Well, they become professional drunks. Problem is that in my area, many pro drunks cannot afford booze, they shoplift and get drunk off mouthwash. THAT is a hardcore drunk...but at least their breath smells good. Sadly, I am serious about the mouthwash...they maintain their drunkenness with it.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Well, they become professional drunks. Problem is that in my area, many pro drunks cannot afford booze, they shoplift and get drunk off mouthwash. THAT is a hardcore drunk...but at least their breath smells good. Sadly, I am serious about the mouthwash...they maintain their drunkenness with it.

I had a guy that we caught drinking hand cleaner.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I had a guy that we caught drinking hand cleaner.

Yikes........

I was watching that "Intervention" show one night and one guy they had
    in detox was doing that.... filling a cup with hand sanitizer and drinking
    it through a straw.... :n00b:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Yikes........

He was fresh smelling. Really that is sad what he became.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Yikes........

If you put the hand sanitizer on a paper towel and then shake salt on top of it, the alcohol drips through the towel...

Easier to drink that way...and more potent.

Just sayin'. :D

Top Bottom