• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I've not payed much attention to these "gadgets" before because I know I'm too much of a tight wad to spend money on them but they seem to be coming down in price.
    I saw this link pop up as an ad and I have to admit it was the first time in my life I've clicked on an ad before.
    https://www.itargetpro.com/

[video=youtube_share;gEAwPlRnGfI]http://youtu.be/gEAwPlRnGfI[/video]

This looks like a pretty simple app., I can imagine knock off app's coming out even less expensive in the near future.

What Better than Google would be to hear from any of you that have tried any variant of this kind of thing.

WHAT HAVE YOU TRIED?
    LIKE IT?
    BUY IT AGAIN?
    HAVE YOU LOOKED INTO NEWER OPTIONS SINCE BUYING WHAT YOU HAVE?
    THOUGHTS?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Gimmick. You should be focusing your sights, not looking at the wall for a laser dot.
    best thing you can do to learn trigger control only costs a dime... The old balance a dime on the front sight trick.... And... You get your dime back when you're done!
    -rvb

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Gimmick. You should be focusing your sights, not looking at the wall for a laser dot.
    best thing you can do to learn trigger control only costs a dime... The old balance a dime on the front sight trick.... And... You get your dime back when you're done!
    -rvb

This

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    I just use cardboard mini targets cut out to look like USPSA metric targets and steel poppers. Seems to work for me.

No need to spend money unless you just want a toy.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    You could get an IR SIRT pistol. This is what I use. It had helped wonders plus you don't focus on a laser on the wall because.... well you can't see it

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I'm transitioning to airsoft this winter for a couple of reasons.

1. It has recoil.
    2. I can work similar platform (CZ 75).
    3. I can use my holsters.
    4. The bb sticks in cardboard so I can focus on what I need to be focusing on (the front sight) and confirm what I saw through my sights after the finish of the drill.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You could get an IR SIRT pistol. This is what I use. It had helped wonders plus you don't focus on a laser on the wall because.... well you can't see it

You can also get systems that record your "hits" on the target so you can review them.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    If you go to Tom Given's website rangemaster.com there are some dryfire drills you can do using your monitor as the target. Yes, there is an admonishment to 1)clear your firearm and 2)put your mags/ammo on the other side of the room.

To get to the drills, you need to go "training options" on the top tool bar and then scroll down past the menu of classes to "suggested drills". You can practice things like drawing and shooting a target against a timer (about 2 sec.), or shooting at moving circles.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    I'm transitioning to airsoft this winter for a couple of reasons.

1. It has recoil.
    2. I can work similar platform (CZ 75).
    3. I can use my holsters.
    4. The bb sticks in cardboard so I can focus on what I need to be focusing on (the front sight) and confirm what I saw through my sights after the finish of the drill.

Airsoft is a fun toy but worthless for actual practice. Wastes a lot of time and the mags get cold/don't hold much of a charge after a bit of use. I had one when I was first getting into dryfire but quickly learned the best was my actual gun and some practice mags. Luckily I had an issue with mine two weeks after I got it and was able to return it for a refund. That was back in 2012 and I'm still finding random bb's around the house...

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Airsoft is a fun toy but worthless for actual practice. Wastes a lot of time and the mags get cold/don't hold much of a charge after a bit of use. I had one when I was first getting into dryfire but quickly learned the best was my actual gun and some practice mags. Luckily I had an issue with mine two weeks after I got it and was able to return it for a refund. That was back in 2012 and I'm still finding random bb's around the house...

Get a new cleaning lady.

szorn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Northcentral Indiana
    Try a SIRT pistol in combination with LASR shooting software. Regardless of what many may say dry fire with devices such as these can dramatically improve your skills even without the recoil, sound, etc. A bit costly but worth it not to have to worry about the potential for a negligent discharge or having to rack the slide after every single dry fire shot. the software is pretty versatile and beneficial for sport or defensive practice.

Steve

Top Bottom