• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Ok guy's I am looking for dry fire routines that you are using to improve your accuracy, speed, and target acquisition, Etc, Etc. Currently I am drawing and firing with mag changes and doing it with my eye open and closed just kinda trying everything. I need some structure and purpose to it.

Yes I understand the safety aspect of this fully and always remove all ammo from the room and only bring empty mags in the room with me. Door is closed and no one is allowed in.

Safety is always important I get it. I am talking routines and the purpose of them.

Thanks in advance for sharing your precious secrets with well everyone. LOL

sdtech58

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    Z'ville
    I'm a relatively new shooter, so take this FWIW. I usually start by doing just regular draws/target acquisition with a target hung on the wall. Maybe 10 or 15 times. Then do the same thing with both eyes closed to try to develop muscle memory. Next up is the 2-R-1 drill. Draw, 2 "rounds", reload, 1 "round". Really focus on reload speed. Then I hang 2 more targets on the wall and go to about 10 or 15 simulated "El Presidente's". This should help with reloads and transitions. Start in the "surrender" position facing away from the targets. Turn, draw and fire 2 "rounds" at each target, reload, and fire 2 more "rounds" at each target. I've been using a shot timer app on my iPhone and setting lower and lower par times for each drill. Some things a friend of mine told me to work on.

Top Bottom