• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Cutting a slot down the length of the gas tube has got to compromise its structural integrity, not to mention allowing all manner of crud to get in. Plus, you know how hot that area gets under rapid fire... last thing I'd want to do is touch something coming off the gas piston in order to charge the gun. :eek: Plus, now you've got a charging handle reciprocating back and forth just an inch or two above where you are going to put your support hand; that's an owie waiting to happen.

FAIL.

Last edited:

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Uhh dude,, if the charging handle even moves on your HK clone while your shooting it YOU NEED TO STOP SHOOTING IT !!!!
    Somethings wrong, & im not even sure what it is.
    First, what kind of clone is it ????

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sure, I'll buy the conversion and let you shoot it with your thumb in the way 5 or 6 times. I will even video it so we can show all of INGO the proof.
    Let me know when your ready to do this!!!:coffee:

Do you have experience with weapons that have this design? If so please show us what has happened to you or those you know and share the experience.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Uhh dude,, if the charging handle even moves on your HK clone while your shooting it YOU NEED TO STOP SHOOTING IT !!!!
    Somethings wrong, & im not even sure what it is.
    First, what kind of clone is it ????

It's the 91 we talked about else where. I could have sworn that little bugger moved, but I could be wrong( and probably am) that isn't where my focus is while shooting.

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Do you have experience with weapons that have this design? If so please show us what has happened to you or those you know and share the experience.
    :dunno:

Don't need to. Commen sense says that if you put your thumb in the way your going to get hurt.:rolleyes:
    If you don't believe me, put your thumb in the receiver in your 91 and let the charging handle go. (Safety note: DON'T DO THIS, Your going to smash your thumb!)

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    :dunno:

Don't need to. Commen sense says that if you put your thumb in the way your going to get hurt.:rolleyes:
    If you don't believe me, put your thumb in the receiver in your 91 and let the charging handle go. (Safety note: DON'T DO THIS, Your going to smash your thumb!)

I agree the possibility is there(see my op) If that is the only worry a simple VG will remove the problem. It also seems to be at a little more upward angle than the HK charging handle.

Back to my original question, does anyone have any "experience" with one of these? opinions are great but I would like to know if anyone has used them. Also, the Magpul guys use a AK with left side charger but it is on the bolt, not the gas tube(you loose the side scope mount)

Last edited:

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    It's the 91 we talked about else where. I could have sworn that little bugger moved, but I could be wrong( and probably am) that isn't where my focus is while shooting.
    You need to be sure it moves, I honestly cant see it happening unless the cocking tube was welded to the carrier. But im sure stranger things have happened.
    Soooooo, its either a Cetme or a PTR correct ????

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    You need to be sure it moves, I honestly cant see it happening unless the cocking tube was welded to the carrier. But im sure stranger things have happened.
    Soooooo, its either a Cetme or a PTR correct ????

It's essentially a C93 with a Federal Arms receiver.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    It's essentially a C93 with a Federal Arms receiver.
    Not that it matters but a C93 would be a .223 !!!!
    You have a .308 a 91 correct ?
    Regardless, take it out & shoot it & make sure your charging handle IS NOT moving (keep your hands out of the way) then get back with me & i will help you the best i know how :ar15:

Top Bottom