• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alan robert

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Indiana
    Smitty thanks for posting this. I looked at all the videos on the Dublin site. Very interesting.

The charging handle seems to have an extreme angle. It reminds me of the Sako 95. Enough, to keep it out of the way.

I applaud them for creativity. I can see how some users of the AK systems, would want to upgrade for tactical shooting situations.

I had my doubts at first too with heat and dirt. But after watching all of the videos, including installation and assembly, I am impressed.

I will keep my eye on this upgrade. I like it better than the AK Lightning Bolt.

I still am looking for a rear sight upgrade (Tech Sights maybe), at the rear of the receiver cover, like the Sako 95 and Galil.

I had a HK91 in the 80's. The charging handle folded flat, as stated before.

Good job on the post.

I Like Firearms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Hmmm I dont know How I feel about this, But cant you just add another handle on the other side where the factory one is? All youd have to do is cut the dust cover...

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    If it aint broke, don't fix it.

I see many broken thumbs or thumbs with tips missing from this poor design.

FAIL!!!!!

Looks almost as dangerous as the SCAR.

mk17hcqcan0.jpg

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Back from the dead....

They have a GEN 2 that's non-reciprocating now. Still not released, he's "guessing" in a couple of weeks. Price point is at ~$150. I'd like to see a rail on top ala Ultimak but that would evidently infringe on their copyright. :dunno:

AK Ratchet Charging

Last edited:

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Back from the dead....

They have a GEN 2 that's non-reciprocating now. Still not released, he's "guessing" in a couple of weeks. Price point is at ~$150. I'd like to see a rail on top ala Ultimak but that would evidently infringe on their copyright. :dunno:

AK Ratchet Charging

You are forgiven for the year old revival because this is great news. The non-static charging handle was keeping me from this mod, now it looks like a must have.

IndyS12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Zionsville, IN
    This seems pretty neat. I like some of these "think outside the box" inventions, even if they are trying to make solutions for problems that don't really exist. If they fashioned a system for Saiga shotguns I'd give it a second look.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    I myself see no need for such a contraption. I have no problem either reaching under behind magazine or over the top to operate the bolt. My firing hand never leaves the grip once I pick it up.
    So many people try to run an AK like an AR, lightning bolt and all kinds of crap on the rifle. Leave it pure and simple and run it as an AK like it was meant to be ran. Oh and don't try to turn it into an H&K either.
    I am sure people will buy it some people will buy anything no matter how little they need it. The AK has worked great without it for many years in many battles.

Just my .02.

gunman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Jasper Co.
    IMO if someone wants to make something revolutionary to the AK industry it'd be ak-specific molle pouches. unless someone does and i just can't find it

Top Bottom