• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rfrantz3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Westfield
    Well I'm a big duck hunter and just read on ducks unlimited that Early Teal will have a Increase to 6 Teal a day and you will have the ability to cary 4 times the daily limit!!!

Thats awesome cause with my new job I cant get away alot so if i take a long 4 day weekend i wont get in trouble having alot of meat or birds on me!!!

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    Bag limit don't matter if it's like last year!! :laugh:

Sept 1 means my wife becomes a hunting widow for a few months. I'm about ready to start my annual drawn-back at work. Time to start turning down jobs... I try to get out to the blind at least four times each week during the season...

nkhrfh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Only my third year duck hunting. Never hunted teal, hoping to. Waterfowl is so much more social than deer hunting.

Rfrantz3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Westfield
    Only my third year duck hunting. Never hunted teal, hoping to. Waterfowl is so much more social than deer hunting.
    Yes it is more social and teal is amazing fast paced and super fun!!! Plus they taste amazing pm me and maybe we can get together in sept. and hunt em!

I am very interested in starting duck hunting. I have been reading quite a bit on it and am looking forward to trying it out.
    Your more then welcome to tag along and i can explain in detail how public and dnr land work!!

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    Teal? You mean those little jet-fighters!

Anyone in NW/lake/jasper area is welcome to come with me! i try to be in the blind no less than four days per week, often twice a day.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    It's easy! 5:00-9:00, in the blind. If things looked good, hunt waas productive, weather and wind looks consistent for the rest of the day then I leave the dekes and most gear. Grab the shotgun and either walk or boat back to the truck. At work by 9:30, stay till 3:30ish. Back to the blind. Hunt until susnset then head back to work. Restock ammo, clean birds, feed dog, refuel boat, etc. When that's done, I'll work until I have to either from fatigue or deadline. If work finishes early, go home and see the Missus. If work finishes late, sleep at the shop. Repeat!

The perks of owning your own business...

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Teal? You mean those little jet-fighters!

Anyone in NW/lake/jasper area is welcome to come with me! i try to be in the blind no less than four days per week, often twice a day.

Might be interested in taking you up on that. Always wanted to get into hunting, but never had the connections. Like someone said earlier, waterfowl seems to be a good "in" to learn the ropes. Shoot me a PM if you get a chance and maybe we can figure something out.

In CP fyi.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Is there anyone that wants to take me duck huntin for my first time? I've been deer, turkey, and squirrel huntun for close to 20 years. I'm a safe and courteous hunter, anyone wanting to take me, I'd be willing to go.

Top Bottom