• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    Unless you enjoy spending tons of cash on gear, spending time away from work to sit in some of the worst weather, and watching countless numbers of birds fly by laughing at you(because you know you hit them!) don't do it, It will take over your life! I would give up hunting everything else if I could just hunt waterfowl all of the time. Get some of your buddies to do it too so you have someone to sit with, blame for bad calling, and make fun of for missed shots:rockwoot:

Duck hunting is the most adictive thing I have ever done. Also do alot of scouting because a day with only a few ducks is still good but a day limited out will be the best day ever!

wbower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Martinsville
    An old man told me to stand in frigid, knee deep water in a tuxedo and throw $100 bills out into the water. I think he's probably right but man its fun.

tooleman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    As of right now it will be me a buddy of mine. All we have is shot guns, and a John boat. We are lookin to buy a dozen decoys and start from there. Does that sound like we have everything one would need to start. I have toyed around with getting a call, however I have read that it could do more harm then good, unless you know what your doing.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    The above posts are correct.

A serious drug habit would be less addicting and less expensive.

Waterfowl hunting is that much fun.:rockwoot:

wbower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Martinsville
    on a serious note....you can go into it as big or as little as you like. If you're close to Bloomington, I would give you a dozen old duck floaters to get you started. Watch craigslist and you can find some bargains on gear and read duckhuntingchat.com and you'll learn a ton.

Top Bottom