• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    I'd love to know the pressure and velocity where that happens.

I suppose I should add that once upon a time I thought it would be fun to hotrod 9mm though a hi power. After a couple rounds of 30% overcharge my pistol jammed from ejected primers making their way into the rest of the gun. Decided to stop and go home while I was still in tact.

Bonus interesting pic from my experiments with that pistol.
    View attachment 335247
    Just the tip, right.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Dude....bro...zoomer. lol
    Those first two words are so over used by my daughters and the current generation of kids.
    Honestly it drives me a little "wacko" in the SG1 sense. How can the English language degrade to the point that two words can mean anything and nothing at the same time.

I flat consider the second an insult. Where you born from my mom? Did we serve together?
    No? Then I am certainly not your bro.

Dude either reminds me of Californian culture(what used to be the worst of it) or Bill and Ted...neither of which anyone using that term on a regular basis from the last two generation's likely even understands. In short at the time it was first hitting modern popular culture it was to showcase how dumb and or high you were, usually both. Prior to that it was a mocking name for a city boy going to a ranch to experience the fantasy of being a cowboy. No where in history did it mean upstanding, well educated, or motivated. I am not, nor have I ever been a "dude"

/rant off

I would look at making sure...
    1. It was the proper round for the weapon.
    2. That the headspace was within spec.
    3. Some other malfunction that would cause me to stop using it(the round and weapon).
    4. to hot a load?

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Dude....bro...zoomer. lol
    Those first two words are so over used by my daughters and the current generation of kids.
    Honestly it drives me a little "wacko" in the SG1 sense. How can the English language degrade to the point that two words can mean anything and nothing at the same time.

I flat consider the second an insult. Where you born from my mom? Did we serve together?
    No? Then I am certainly not your bro.

Dude either reminds me of Californian culture(what used to be the worst of it) or Bill and Ted...neither of which anyone using that term on a regular basis from the last two generation's likely even understands. In short at the time it was first hitting modern popular culture it was to showcase how dumb and or high you were, usually both. Prior to that it was a mocking name for a city boy going to a ranch to experience the fantasy of being a cowboy. No where in history did it mean upstanding, well educated, or motivated. I am not, nor have I ever been a "dude"

/rant off

I would look at making sure...
    1. It was the proper round for the weapon.
    2. That the headspace was within spec.
    3. Some other malfunction that would cause me to stop using it(the round and weapon).
    4. to hot a load?
    Back in the late 1800s the word “dude” meant city slicker.
    It’s what western cowboys/ranchers called them.
    I guess like you said nowadays it's supposed to mean bro or whatever.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Please visit the first post. :-)
    Sigh. It was difficult, and I feel a bit lost. I am certain this is not the first post. But it is the closest I found. :)

Top Bottom