• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This is a win. Felon with a handgun volunteers to go back to prison. Probably the greatest contribution he has ever made to society.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    You are comparing law abiding citizens to felons with illegal weapons...

It's like comparing apple to oranges. Unless you are a gun grabbing liberal. Then it's like comparing a turd to a turd.

NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    You are comparing law abiding citizens to felons with illegal weapons...

It's like comparing apple to oranges. Unless you are a gun grabbing liberal. Then it's like comparing a turd to a turd.

I guess that's my point - the grabber liberals do NOT draw the distinction, and that's where the problem lies. In their mind, anyone with a gun and no badge is a criminal - and ****heads like this reinforce this way of thinking and give them fuel for their arguments & policies.

:xmad:

Past that, yes, I certainly agree with the folks who view this idiot being taken off the street as a win - he earned his trip to the pokie for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm thinking the guy in the back seat (pointing the gun) was trying to show his disdain for the police, and how cool he was.
    The shot was probably accidental, had his finger on the trigger.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is a win. Felon with a handgun volunteers to go back to prison. Probably the greatest contribution he has ever made to society.
    No. The greatest contribution this skel could have made to society if if he had not been pointing the weapon at an ISP patrol car, but rather at his own medula oblongata when it discharged. Now, it's three hots and a cot courtesy of me and mine, you and yours, prolly until the day he dies a couple of decades after I do.

NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    No. The greatest contribution this skel could have made to society if if he had not been pointing the weapon at an ISP patrol car, but rather at his own medula oblongata when it discharged. Now, it's three hots and a cot courtesy of me and mine, you and yours, prolly until the day he dies a couple of decades after I do.

This.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    :+1:

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    I guess that's my point - the grabber liberals do NOT draw the distinction, and that's where the problem lies. In their mind, anyone with a gun and no badge is a criminal - and $h!theads like this reinforce this way of thinking and give them fuel for their arguments & policies.

Seriously?

What are you going for here? Are you trying to say you are mad at "the grabber liberals" or you are angry at the "criminal" not because he committed a crime but did so with a gun? Or both?

I suppose I could say that I am mad at the "rapist", NOT because he is a criminal per se, but because "the penis hating liberals" do not draw the distinction between a "rapist" who happens to use his (or her - strap on) penis to "rape" will reinforce their thinking that all penises should be banned...

NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    Seriously?

What are you going for here? Are you trying to say you are mad at "the grabber liberals" or you are angry at the "criminal" not because he committed a crime but did so with a gun? Or both?

I suppose I could say that I am mad at the "rapist", NOT because he is a criminal per se, but because "the penis hating liberals" do not draw the distinction between a "rapist" who happens to use his (or her - strap on) penis to "rape" will reinforce their thinking that all penises should be banned...

whoa whoa whoa... take a breath...

first off, yes - I'm mad all around - and I should be, I think... I'm mad at "grabber liberals" for turning everything that happens with a firearm into an excuse/reason to disarm honest law-abiding people. I'm angry that this idiot did what he did, that he did it for no good reason (so far as can be surmised from the facts as reported), AND that he did it with a gun... now rinse and repeat because this whole thing spirals in on itself...

If you took my observations to mean that I'm ONLY mad about the gun detail, then I apologize for my lack of completeness... This guy is a fool the whole way around - but under the heading of the forum I'm posting in ("The Legislation of the 2nd Amendment"), my frustration is that this incident will be used, no doubt, by someone as an example of why all guns should be grabbed.

To be clear, does that mean I think this idiot should have had a gun?

Honestly, right up until the moment he made the decision to do what he did and then did it, I don't have a reason to say he shouldn't... not to say there isn't one, I just don't have it in front of me. That said, at the moment of decision and commitment, right then, in my mind, he lost his rights...

This isn't Minority Report, thoughts aren't crimes - actions are.

My take on the entire thing is that regardless of whether or not this turkey should have been allowed to have a gun, he did have one and was a douche with it - plenty of incidences of that in the news lately, besides this one.

Proponents of gun bans and stricter gun controls will argue that his possession and actions with that gun are an example of why guns should be either banned or more tightly controlled.

Realists, I believe, on the other hand, will point to this as an example of why the average citizen should be able to possess and carry - so as to defend themselves and their families from morons like the guy in this story, who will come to possess guns regardless of the rules, and will use them in a manner contrary to common sense and civility.

To your point about rapists... well, I think your point sounds as ridiculous as you intended for it to sound...

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    whoa whoa whoa... take a breath...

first off, yes - I'm mad all around - and I should be, I think... I'm mad at "grabber liberals" for turning everything that happens with a firearm into an excuse/reason to disarm honest law-abiding people. I'm angry that this idiot did what he did, that he did it for no good reason (so far as can be surmised from the facts as reported), AND that he did it with a gun... now rinse and repeat because this whole thing spirals in on itself...

If you took my observations to mean that I'm ONLY mad about the gun detail, then I apologize for my lack of completeness... This guy is a fool the whole way around - but under the heading of the forum I'm posting in ("The Legislation of the 2nd Amendment"), my frustration is that this incident will be used, no doubt, by someone as an example of why all guns should be grabbed.

To be clear, does that mean I think this idiot should have had a gun?

Honestly, right up until the moment he made the decision to do what he did and then did it, I don't have a reason to say he shouldn't... not to say there isn't one, I just don't have it in front of me. That said, at the moment of decision and commitment, right then, in my mind, he lost his rights...

This isn't Minority Report, thoughts aren't crimes - actions are.

My take on the entire thing is that regardless of whether or not this turkey should have been allowed to have a gun, he did have one and was a douche with it - plenty of incidences of that in the news lately, besides this one.

Proponents of gun bans and stricter gun controls will argue that his possession and actions with that gun are an example of why guns should be either banned or more tightly controlled.

Realists, I believe, on the other hand, will point to this as an example of why the average citizen should be able to possess and carry - so as to defend themselves and their families from morons like the guy in this story, who will come to possess guns regardless of the rules, and will use them in a manner contrary to common sense and civility.

To your point about rapists... well, I think your point sounds as ridiculous as you intended for it to sound...

This explains your position a bit better and I don't really have any disagreements with it.

The thing is that even if there were no gun crimes here in the US the "gun grabbing liberals" would be pushing for more legislation. They would do so under all sorts of no distinction type arguments.

They don't need real reasons. Fly farts in the gulf, oh oh need more gun regulation in case that fart causes a nearby person to go crazy and shoot up a school. Oh rebellion in another country, time for more gun control here just in case some crazies get the idea to do the same so we need to be sure they don't have access to firearms. etc. etc. etc.

The logic of it doesn't matter. You can see that in a great many of the laws (many unconstitutional imo) on the books now (and not just for gun control).

Top Bottom