• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    I appreciate everyone's cudos. As far as the serious talk about how fast is safe. It is true, according to the letter of the law 1mph over is speeding and you will be subject to a traffic stop and maybe even enforcement action (citation). Now, I've never seen that happen in 3 years of patrol. It's all up to the officer. My "pull over" and "ticket" numbers change based on the area I'm working in, the road conditions, traffic patterns, etc. In ATM's case (sorry for using you as an example, brother) 42/30 is actually not even to my "pull over" speed, let alone "ticket" speed in the area that I got him. However, due to road conditions, and the direction of his travel into town vs out of town) he fell into my "pull over" speed and was right on the edge of my "ticket" speed.

Crawfordsville PD is concerned with drug and criminal interdiction. We have a problem and we have chosen to make a real push to fix it. Proactive. Not reactive. Every patrolman is on board. That means lots of traffic stops for various infractions. Not a lot of tickets written but a lot of contacts. The days of reactive law enforcement are over. I just ask for crawfordsville residents and people passing through to have some patience. We aren't looking to harass.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...In ATM's case (sorry for using you as an example, brother) 42/30 is actually not even to my "pull over" speed, let alone "ticket" speed in the area that I got him. However, due to road conditions, and the direction of his travel into town vs out of town) he fell into my "pull over" speed and was right on the edge of my "ticket" speed...

No worries. Heck, one of these days, I might even merit reference as an example of something good. ;)

(lol I know, not likely. I'm probably far too comfortable staying "right on the edge".)

ETA: I rarely mule drugs through town

...anymore

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    No worries. Heck, one of these days, I might even merit reference as an example of something good. ;)

(lol I know, not likely. I'm probably far too comfortable staying "right on the edge".)

ETA: I rarely mule drugs through town

...anymore
    I thought it was odd his truck smelled of bacon and he hinted to a cavity search with a wink if "I was looking for a bust".

things just just got weird

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I appreciate everyone's cudos. As far as the serious talk about how fast is safe. It is true, according to the letter of the law 1mph over is speeding and you will be subject to a traffic stop and maybe even enforcement action (citation). Now, I've never seen that happen in 3 years of patrol. It's all up to the officer. My "pull over" and "ticket" numbers change based on the area I'm working in, the road conditions, traffic patterns, etc. In ATM's case (sorry for using you as an example, brother) 42/30 is actually not even to my "pull over" speed, let alone "ticket" speed in the area that I got him. However, due to road conditions, and the direction of his travel into town vs out of town) he fell into my "pull over" speed and was right on the edge of my "ticket" speed.

Crawfordsville PD is concerned with drug and criminal interdiction. We have a problem and we have chosen to make a real push to fix it. Proactive. Not reactive. Every patrolman is on board. That means lots of traffic stops for various infractions. Not a lot of tickets written but a lot of contacts. The days of reactive law enforcement are over. I just ask for crawfordsville residents and people passing through to have some patience. We aren't looking to harass.

FYI, I enjoy reading the articles in the online Journal Mistake about the drug busts stemming from traffic stops...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Watching the various "COPS" and "Dumb Criminals" type shows it's actually pretty amazing how many big busts occur because some moron was weaving in traffic, tail light out, driving way too slow or way too fast! Of course if they had any intelligence they probably wouldn't be criminals would they?

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN

Awesome... I'd be all for same on the West side of Indy.

Top Bottom