• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    You nailed it: politically active. The political leaders and the citizens of any community set the tone for how things are done in that city. If the citizens aren't going to get involved and hold leaders accountable, who will?

But, again, this video has nothing to do with Boulder, CO. Or Denver. Or Colorado. It's from Boulder City, NV. Outside Las Vegas. A DISTANT suburb of Denver, I suppose.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    But, again, this video has nothing to do with Boulder, CO. Or Denver. Or Colorado. It's from Boulder City, NV. Outside Las Vegas. A DISTANT suburb of Denver, I suppose.

I understand. I'm sidetracking because it's really getting on my nerves lately that people think there isn't anything they can do about bad policing or bad officers. When dross mentioned how the citizens of a certain city wouldn't tolerate bad behavior it was sort of a springboard in my mind to point out that those people have it figured out. No more thread jacking, carry on.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    I understand. I'm sidetracking because it's really getting on my nerves lately that people think there isn't anything they can do about bad policing or bad officers. When dross mentioned how the citizens of a certain city wouldn't tolerate bad behavior it was sort of a springboard in my mind to point out that those people have it figured out. No more thread jacking, carry on.
    i guess there are things that can be done sometimes but it didnt work out so well for the good people or the good cops in quartzite az.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    i guess there are things that can be done sometimes but it didnt work out so well for the good people or the good cops in quartzite az.

I'm only casually familiar with the Quartzite situation. If my understanding of that situation is accurate, the citizens of that town need to boot every member of city government out the door as soon as legally possible.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Because they're people with power. Simple.

And Boulder PD are traffic nazis just like in Denver.

But they don't have a recent history of whoopin' your butt if you record them on your car phone.

Yeah, I was trying to find that out when I asked about that upthread.

Nothing in Nevada has anything to do with us. Nevada is the eastern edge of the West coast.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Was it Las Vegas

where the "accidentally OC" customer walked out of the doors, and into a dozen LEO responding to "OMG:MWAG!" and got himself shot 27 times? Not all LEO is JBT, but it only takes ONE, and in this poor sap's case, he fell to a dozen. No charges filed. Back to topic: Per OP. ALL LEO: would this fly in Indiana? If so / if not, what would the escalation of force be? (Remember that escalators go "up" & "down") EBG

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Boulder is hard to explain unless you know the town. I don't think there's anyplace quite like it in Indiana. Similar, but not quite.

Boulder is kind of like Madison, WI. It's the Berkeley of the Mountain States.

It doesn't surprise me that the cops there are easygoing like that. The citizens in Boulder wouldn't stand for aggressive policing, at all.

Now, if the guy had been smoking in his own business, or didn't have the minimum wage poster up in his place of business, he might have gotten tased.

Madison copper are easygoing? I'll be honest, that the first time I've ever heard that.... :laugh:

iDominate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Demotte
    Political activity is the key. If you can't keep your own back yard in check, how can you ever expect that you will have the gov't in check at the federal level. There needs to be some common sense somewhere in the system.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    That's pretty interesting... @Kirk - you really believe he still spoke too much? (I.e. he should have said ***Nothing at all***) Or, were you being sarcastic? :)

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    It was a DUI checkpoint. He said enough that they knew he had not been drinking IMO. Back in the day of full service gas stations, I got the biggest kick out of people that would pull to the pump and roll down their window all cool and together right. The ambience of their recent activities would come wafting(is that a word?) out the window and into the face of whoever is standing there. Oh, and FYI, gum masks nothing...

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    It was a DUI checkpoint. He said enough that they knew he had not been drinking IMO. Back in the day of full service gas stations, I got the biggest kick out of people that would pull to the pump and roll down their window all cool and together right. The ambience of their recent activities would come wafting(is that a word?) out the window and into the face of whoever is standing there. Oh, and FYI, gum masks nothing...
    True, if he had been drinking then it would have been obvious enough after what he had already said in most cases.

I wonder what would have happened had he sat there completely quiet.

Top Bottom