• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Dumb? There are a LOT of "less-than-lethal" rounds out there. This one allows a cop to shoot use a lethal round but with non-lethal effects. If things go south fast, he can remove the cap and use that lethal round.
    Seriously? SHTF and your idea is for a cop to remove a cap before firing? Riiiight.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    No, I get it. The shooter has the choice of using the standard, lethal round in the gun or putting on the cap to make that standard, lethal round "less-than-lethal". Name another LTL round that can do that.
    Uh. What? A person can stand there while being beaten/shot/shot at/any_other_deadly_thing and fumble around putting some cap on. Is your post purple and I just missed it?

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Uh. What? A person can stand there while being beaten/shot/shot at/any_other_deadly_thing and fumble around putting some cap on. Is your post purple and I just missed it?
    Talk about not getting it. This isn't for use during a "when split seconds count" scenario. It's for when the officer has plenty of time and distance to prepare. Say there's a standoff with a guy that has a knife and is threatening himself. This would allow the officer to deploy considerable force, and if needed, transition to lethal in the time it takes to fire the second shot.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Talk about not getting it. This isn't for use during a "when split seconds count" scenario. It's for when the officer has plenty of time and distance to prepare. Say there's a standoff with a guy that has a knife and is threatening himself. This would allow the officer to deploy considerable force, and if needed, transition to lethal in the time it takes to fire the second shot.

That's what Tasers are for.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    What? This gadget is great! My boys and I will be running around the front yard shooting at each other. paint balls will be obsolete!

Who is the INGO member whose avatar is a man holding a "SHOOT ME - $20" sign?

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    :ugh::ugh:
    Having been in that very situation... never mind, I'm sure the response will also be :facepalm:

OK I'll try - So a guy is threatening HIMSELF and you suggest deploying an unproven weapon that has the potential for lethality? What if you end up killing him? Or during the lawsuit you are at least shown to be partially responsible for the guy killing himself when you shot at him and basically set things into motion.... There are already other options available, but this should NOT BE one of them. It is a DUMB idea!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The largest problem this device will create will be the armchair quarterbacks raising hell because an officer did not use it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The largest problem this device will create will be the armchair quarterbacks raising hell because an officer did not use it.

The problem with this device is so big, I can not even boggle the repercussions.

It makes me think of the police in this video.
    It is by Ranger Up.
    It is NOT SAFE FOR WORK.. (language)
    32 minutes long
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjAl_kbAxmc

Top Bottom