• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Sections 15-2.1-1-1--15-2.1-24-33, concerning animal health, were repealed by P.L.2-2008, § 83, effective July 1, 2008. :)
    Another example of the decay of traditional values

It was repealed, but enacted in another section of the code.
    IC 15-17-18-11
    Birds and rabbits; sales restricted
    Sec. 11. (a) A person who sells:
    (1) a bird under the age of three (3) weeks; or
    (2) a rabbit under the age of two (2) months;
    commits a Class B misdemeanor. This subsection does not apply to commercial breeders or distributors whose facilities are adequately equipped for the care of young birds or rabbits.
    (b) A person who dyes, stains, or alters the natural coloring of a bird or rabbit commits a Class B misdemeanor.
    As added by P.L.2-2008, SEC.8.

Yes, should have typed past tense. I blame the stomach flu which is making me miserable and producing crimes against grammar.

It's still illegal, just under a different part of IC.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    I have personally been involved with sending people to jail/court for stealing such things as: makeup, bikini wax (two teenage guys, at that), meat stuffed into a pocket, Dark Eyes vodka and MD 20-20, crappy movies and Tide. Work a few years in grocery retail, and you will be able to say you've damn near seen it all. Not much amazes me anymore in terms of what people will steal.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Several year ago there was a homeless guy in Frankfort that drank quite a bit, very honest, non-violent guy. He would go to the local police station when the weather turned nasty, and they would put him into a cell to sleep. The jail was actually part of the station. I had several friends on the force at the time, they decided to give him a hard time one winter evening. He came to the desk and said he needed to be put in a cell. They had conspired to tell him they couldn't do it any more! He plead with them, said it was cold and snowing (they already were going to let him in but kept up teasing him). He finally gave up and went out. One of the cops was going to get him when he threw a brick through the window of the station. They put him in the cell, didn't say anything and took up a collection among themselves to pay for the window. Put him out the next day. Today he would probably spend a month in jail!

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Possessing a shuriken. Ninja throwing stars are considered "prohibited instruments of violence" in Indiana.

SIGnature45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    South Bend
    Saw on the news just today some genius in Warsaw hit a tree with his car. Police said he left the scene of the accident, but later found him hiding up in the tree he hit. Must have had too many beers in him and had to pee or somethin!

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Several year ago there was a homeless guy in Frankfort that drank quite a bit, very honest, non-violent guy. He would go to the local police station when the weather turned nasty, and they would put him into a cell to sleep. The jail was actually part of the station.

Hey Andy.....
    Aunt Bee called, supper is ready

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    I was a multiple count felon as a kid then .. :rolleyes:
    I know several people who've owned them, and they're sold openly at gen con every year, not to mention online. I've got a hunch that law isn't enforced too vigorously, though it's still on the books.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I know several people who've owned them, and they're sold openly at gen con every year, not to mention online. I've got a hunch that law isn't enforced too vigorously, though it's still on the books.

That law was passed in the 80's. I must have missed the mob of ninjas threatening civilized society. :D

Top Bottom