• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    no it was in Indiana. Just walked it up to the Police Station and registered it. Young kid, first gun, took some bad advice.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apparently it was showing my wife the vintage Hi Standard 22 derringer my Grandfather had given me....

Wife- "Oooh, I like that...It fits right in this little Coach wallet..."

Me-"Uhhh...I don't know Honey...Tex gave that to me and I don't know how he would feel if I.....

Wife-(Dialing the phone as I am still talking)"Papaw...Is it okay if I get that little Derringer you gave to Rick?....REALLY!!!!! You would be honored to know I have that???...I know...He has way too many as it is....Thanks Papaw...I love it."

Me-"Well...Here is a box of shells...I love you...."

True story...Happened this weekend...

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I had a friend who was, shall we say, cerebrally challenged. He wanted to learn to shoot a pistol. This was about 20 years ago, and we lived in Greenwood, so I took him to Don's Guns. I had a S&W Model 19, .357. I showed him how to aim, breath, and gently squeeze the trigger, in the single action mode. Now, I want you to realize that the pistol was verrrry light on the trigger when the hammer was cocked.

He aims the revolver down range, cocks the hammer, and starts to squeeze. At this point he turns to me, the barrel about two feet from my chest, and says "But what if...." Fighting to remain calm, I quietly told him to lay the gun down. He just looked at me puzzled, hammer cocked, finger on the trigger, aimed dead at my chest from two feet away. Once again I quietly told him to lay the gun down, and step back. Once he did this I had him up against the wall, yelling at him to never point a gun at me again. The lesson was over.

I have taught several people to shoot since then, but I always start and finish the lesson or demonstration with the admonishment not to point a gun at something your not ready to destroy. What should be common sense, can be extremely uncommon. Not telling a noob to not point a gun at you is very dumb. It gets expensive if you have to buy a new pair of shorts after every lesson.:D

I have a cousin that is the same way and have been working with him for years. After our last sesssion I think I am done trying with him. He refuses to take a safty class and has covered me with the muzzle several times. He also cant seem to make his finger streight when shooting stops. I am blown away at some peoples ignorance on firearm safty.

kelsie117

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    winslow
    I'm not sure what would be worse, it hitting the tile or going into the toilet. I worry about that sometimes.

My dumbest move was leaving a handgun at the range. That's the last time I'll move between lanes (rifle/pistol) without taking an inventory each time and at the end. By the time I realized it didn't make the trip home, the range was closed. I didn't sleep well that night. I had dreams of all the crimes that were being committed with my gun.

I called first thing the next morning and they told me someone had turned it in. Wow, I felt so stupid and so relieved at the same time. Never again.

I'm glad to hear there are still decent people in the world. :D

Top Bottom