• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Does anybody know how bad the snow is up north in Valpo? I'm thinking of making the trip to the land of the frozen tundra, but it's about a 3 hour drive in good weather. We've got 4 inches of snow here and more falling.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Show was good as usual. There was a table with the same guys from the last several times I'd seen selling S&W 3rd gens for an outrageous price as usual. Another guy did have a S&W 645 with box for a great price, but knew the wife would kill me cause i said I wasn't going to buy right now. Bought 1k primers, traded a 4506 mag for a 5906 mag, and bought more targets from the target guy.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Does anybody know how bad the snow is up north in Valpo? I'm thinking of making the trip to the land of the frozen tundra, but it's about a 3 hour drive in good weather. We've got 4 inches of snow here and more falling.
    Roads are clear.

salemons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NorthWest Indiana
    Added another year to my NRA membership so got in free. Got a pound of titegroup and 1000 9mm 124 berry bullets for a decent price. Nice to see mostly gun stuff for a change. Wish Crown Point was more like this.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    Well it was busy as usual which I like to see. I purchased some jerky,targets,powder and an awesome new knife from BK and felt like I paid fair prices for all. Did I mention I got a great new knife from BRADSKNIVES!!

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    This show and the Nappanee show are how shows USED TO BE and should be now. There was a continuous line outside the door for at least 4 hours! Picked up an A**load of 380 ammo, a Pro-Tech Dark Angel, and some Jerky. Life is good. For those of you with a sweet tooth (and to convince the better half to go) there are South Bend Chocolates at ths show, chocolate double dipped cherries are to die for. The March show at Nappanee is cancelled. (DUE TO ROOF COLLAPSE VIA EXCESSVE SNOW). The show scheduled for Oct. 31 is still on at this point.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I got in first and quickly made some trade deals on hand loading stuff. Picked up powder, primers and got the heck out within an hour.

I think the prices on most anything is nuts except for ZX if looking to buy a new gun. There are deals but you have to search them out and some trade items always help as a bartering chip.

Roads are clear have fun and good luck. I thought it was pretty much the same as Crown Point with a few out of towners.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Show was good as usual. There was a table with the same guys from the last several times I'd seen selling S&W 3rd gens for an outrageous price as usual. Another guy did have a S&W 645 with box for a great price, but knew the wife would kill me cause i said I wasn't going to buy right now. Bought 1k primers, traded a 4506 mag for a 5906 mag, and bought more targets from the target guy.

That's my buddy Dave with the 645. It was pretty much a wasteland for 3rd gen Smiths(great,....you mean to tell me I'm not the only guy cruising for those?). Did see the guys in the back but $500 for a police trade 5946? I'm still hoping to get two of them for that.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    That's my buddy Dave with the 645. It was pretty much a wasteland for 3rd gen Smiths(great,....you mean to tell me I'm not the only guy cruising for those?). Did see the guys in the back but $500 for a police trade 5946? I'm still hoping to get two of them for that.
    If he doesn't sell it let me know I would love to make a deal. Yeah I've seen them for the last several years offering 3rd gens at sky high prices. One of the guys was a dick. I was looking for 5906 mags and had 4506 mags asked if he would trade and said nope, asked if he was buying he said no all in a dick way. He then says he has one 5906 mag so i ask how much he says 25, but it is a 10 rounder. I think they would of asked me to move one if I had brought my Standard catalog of S&W.

Top Bottom