• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    Remington Mega packs 250 rds of 9mm $54.99, 250 rds of .38 $79.99, 250 rds of .45 $99.99, 200 rds of .223 $119.99

Wolf .223 FMJ $5.99 20 rds
    American Eagle tactical 5.56 $7.99 20 rds

Not bad prices if every wally world is out

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I will never never never buy centerfire ammo from Dunhams ever ever ever again.
    I don't think you should have to give your DL info for any reason whatsoever, and I KNOW they shouldn't keep it "forever" unless "corporate asks for it to be sent to them"...which is exactly what I was told by the manager of the Dunhams in Auburn.
    No thanks.

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    the only good thing AT ALL! about dunhams is that every now and then they have a covered in cosmoline mosin in perfect shape for cheap.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I will never never never buy centerfire ammo from Dunhams ever ever ever again.
    I don't think you should have to give your DL info for any reason whatsoever, and I KNOW they shouldn't keep it "forever" unless "corporate asks for it to be sent to them"...which is exactly what I was told by the manager of the Dunhams in Auburn.
    No thanks.

When did they start doing this? I've never had to show my DL or anything else, here in Wabash...

Josh <><

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    When did they start doing this? I've never had to show my DL or anything else, here in Wabash...

Josh <><

Um I've never had to show my DL after the purchase of any ammo in auburn,

Josh, I don't know "when", but I know it's apparently "corporate policy" according to the manager "Matt".
    When I asked what they do with that info (it's a long narrow paper that reminded me of a speeding ticket), he said they box them according to date of sale and keep them at the store indefinitely unless corporate requests them. If that happens, they send them by courier service to wherever the headquarters is and they either keep them in storage or destroy them by incinerator. Don't take my word for it, call yourself:
    Dunhams (Auburn) (260) 927-1095

Shadow, I didn't have to for shotgun shells or .22 ammo. Just larger caliber centerfire. I probably should have just walked out and with 20/20 hindsight, I regret not doing just that.
    I'm not the only one that had qualms about it. When I was telling someone at another gun store about it, some guys overheard me and said the same thing happened to them and it would be a cold day in hell before they bought anything firearm related at Dunhams because of it. They felt like they were being tracked. I can't say that I didn't feel the same way. Once again, don't take the word of somebody on the internet...call and see for yourself. If you bought .45, .38, 9mm, etc. from the Dunhams in Auburn and you didn't have to give out your personal info, then the person selling it to you is likely going to (or maybe has already) lost their job. I had quite a lot to say about it to the manager there.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Annie,

Not disbelieving you. I kinda' disbelieve the manager though. I think he may be full of it. Were his eyes brown? :D

At any rate, I wrote a review of Wabash's here: dunhams - Wabash, IN Review - Sport Equipment Reviews - Viewpoints

Maybe do the same, and email the store manager with the link..?

Josh <><
    Thanks for the idea.
    I just told the Mr. about this thread because he knows how flipped out I got about the whole "copy your license" deal. When he got on the PC and read Shadow's comment he said, "Well, there's one thing we can try if you want. Maybe I should go in and buy the same thing that you did. If they ask for my license I'll just leave and we'll call it done. If they let me buy stuff without it, we'll know it's something hinkey and we'll take it farther".
    I'm thinkin' really hard on that!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I think we will. If they _require_ it of one person and not another, I wonder if there's some sort of legal ramification for that?
    As I see it right now, with that info all sitting in a box somewhere on site, just ANYone could access it.
    In my opinion, that puts me at risk for identity theft or anything stemming from it.

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    Ive used 2 dunhams over the past few months and both stores were very "quirky" about stuff. i think the best deal is to just not shop there.

WinChoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Alexandria
    I bought CF ammo at the Muncie Dunhams a couple of days ago and at the Wabash Dunham's last month and neither asked me for my DL.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    WinChoke - as an aside - let me know next time you're in Wabash and I'll direct ya' to a couple better deals. Last I looked, they were wanting $8 or $9 for Wolf black box 7.62x39, ridiculous. A local place still has 7.62 for $4/box of 20, soft point.

Josh <><

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Define "quirky".

I'm not Winchoke, but I'll define the Wabash store for you: They have high employee turnover, you can go half an hour without seeing an employee, then when they notice you, they hover, acting all impatient.

It's almost like they don't want your business.

Additionally, most of them don't know what they're talking about at all. One was just flat out rude to me, and so I moved on.

I do not feel welcome at all in the Wabash store.

Don't get me wrong; there have been some very good, very friendly clerks there. But they have since disappeared.

Have you ever watched Deliverance? They seem somewhat clannish, like those mountain folk in the movie.

Josh <><

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    I forgot about one off highway 30 somewhere around the peru area. there were 2 guys changing a display and they decided since i wasnt buying fast enough they would just go back to what they were doing. I swore i would never to go that store again.

next i found the wabash store. there is some lady manager that was super cool and friendly... she made the sale. the rules were that they could only sell 8-5 m-f and they had to fax a form to corperate before calling in a transfer.

the next store i checked out was auburn. there were only 2 people working that day, so the service sucked since they were working on a display as well. I looked over a mosin. the guy couldnt let me take the bolt out because apparently at some point in time a dumbass brought ammo into a store and commited suicide while " looking" at a long gun. (his story not mine) anyway eventually i decided it was a good enough deal and made the transfer. he didnt have to fax corperate, but i had to walk up to the register and back 2 extra times so the printer could mark some stuff on the receipt.
    at this point i was frustrated enough to just leave but i really wanted the rifle. I looked on the shelf for ammo and of course they didnt have any 7.62x54R.
    I hate dunahms, but they have good deals sometimes.
    I hope this helps.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    next i found the wabash store. there is some lady manager that was super cool and friendly... she made the sale. the rules were that they could only sell 8-5 m-f and they had to fax a form to corperate before calling in a transfer

Yup. Too bad they don't open til 10am! LOL

The lady manager's a sweetheart. She tends to hire the wettest of the wet ends of Wabash though. They either don't know anything or are pompous, arrogant asses. Usually both.

The ones I've liked are the ones who are willing to talk guns, and exchange information.

Josh <><

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    ive never gotten there that early. im sorry for not knowing their hours.

the lady manager really made me feel good about shopping there. service is a big deal

Top Bottom