• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bruno1371

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    in the middle
    That's a cool rock island! Very "usmc ish" was it easy to cover the rock island mark on the slide? I keep thinking about picking up a phillipine made 1911. seems like a perfect gun for customizing

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The Rock Island rollmark is still there, but the lighting in the photo did not highlight it. This was an earlier RIA that did not have the billboards on it like today's RIAs. I've found that Duracoat can work well when applied over either a parkerized finish, as was done on the RIA or over a blued finish. I've done several CZ 75s and on the ones that I cold blued first, the finish is holding up well. The one that was finished over bare metal has not held up well. Here's a photo of the CZ 75 that was cold blued before applying Duracoat:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    what's the story on that trigger? will it work in a shadow?

It's a single action trigger from CZ Custom. I'm guessing it will work with a Shadow, but cannot say for sure. Take a look at CajunGunWorks.com. I bought a couple of hammer and trigger kits from them for other CZs that rival my 1911s in feel. The SAO trigger they sell also has both pre and post travel adjustments as opposed to post travel only on the one above.

Top Bottom