• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    I just used duracoat for the first time. I ordered the components from DuraCoat® Firearm Finishes & Coatings | Lauer Custom Weaponry and had good success. I did call and talked with the sales rep for some time before the order for insights and tips on spraying. I have a small "touch up" hvlp gun I used to spray and came out pretty good without the need for reducer also. Take your time and care in prep/clean/tape prior to spraying. Time will tell how well it holds up but this is a "Audrey Blue" for my wife's new AR... This was one of her stipulations on getting her first AR!
    Very happy how it turned out and will be doing this at least a few more times on other firearms for myself and now friends after seeing the quality of the coating.
    2016-07-31%2014.11.21_zpswtrvc4bb.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    I'm a certified Duracoat finisher as are a few others on here. My personal opinion of the DuraCoat is that it is a good firearm finish when applied properly with realistic expectations. Though I went out to chippewa falls to drink the Laurer koolaid, i will be the first to say the rattle bomb duracoat is far from the quality of regular duracoat.

Top Bottom