• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've just recently been hired for an armed security job (not the most admirable field, but it's something) and I need to get some duty gear. I'll need a duty belt, holster, mag carriers, pepper/OC carrier, handcuff carrier and handcuff key of some sort. All of it needs to be black, leather or nylon. My budget is relatively short but I can probably stretch it a little as necessary.

Any suggestions?

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    (not the most admirable field, but it's something)

My parents always told me that if it was honest work, no matter what it payed it was admirable. Working is ALWAYS more admirable than not or taking a handout when you refuse work. Congrats on finding a job!

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    (not the most admirable field, but it's something)

My parents always told me that if it was honest work, no matter what it payed it was admirable. Working is ALWAYS more admirable than not or taking a handout when you refuse work. Congrats on finding a job!

Actually, this makes my third job at the moment. So... Yeah. Not so much "finding" as "adding to the collection".

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Carrying a Sig 226 in .40. Not sure on how much I want to spend, I realize this gets expensive. I'd like to keep it around $100, not sure how plausible that is.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I've just recently been hired for an armed security job (not the most admirable field, but it's something) and I need to get some duty gear. I'll need a duty belt, holster, mag carriers, pepper/OC carrier, handcuff carrier and handcuff key of some sort. All of it needs to be black, leather or nylon. My budget is relatively short but I can probably stretch it a little as necessary.

Any suggestions?

Bianchi accumold nylon duty gear is what I have. I got it all for a pretty good price from copquest.com. Definitly get the nylon over leather. I have worn both and to me nylon is incredibly more comfortible.

col132

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    What kind of security work? Security protecting civilian ships in the Middle East, or security at a college frat house? Not trying to be a smart***, but different jobs require different load outs. I'm surprised your employer does not have some sort of guidelines.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Security as in dress kind of like a cop and stand around in a grocery store looking menacing type of security.

I would've referred to the former type of security as "contracting".

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Patroltech by Bianchi is half the Accumold price, same quality. Uncle Mike's nylon isn't bad but some people don't like it. I have used both no problems with either. Your holster will be expensive, so I would go basic(Uncle Mike's Sidekick w/ strap) and order better next month after a paycheck or two. Get a pair of good boots, you will be on your feet a lot. Get a small flashlight(tactical style or mini mag2aa) and a regular 3d cell maglite. You will need belt case/ring to carry. Good Luck.

It's not a demeaning job, but people sometimes treat you like it is. Be proactive with courtesy, and the shifts pass by fast.

Top Bottom