• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Hate to break it to Chez, but they are trained to lie to get the info they want.

Training Cops to Lie - Pt 1 - Officer.com
    Training Cops to Lie, Pt 2 - Officer.com

Guess if you're a tin licker this would come as a surprise to you. To those of us who've been paying attention over the decades, it's not a surprise. If this causes you to put me on ignore, I couldn't care less.

So are Salesmen trained to lie?
    Teachers trained to not teach your child?
    Waiters trained to not get your order right?

It seems to me that people that have issues with obeying the laws have the issues with LEO :dunno:

You can call me a slimy salesmen if you want or as you called Chez a Tin Licker. ( I will just consider the source)

Now you can get back to your game of darts.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    So are Salesmen trained to lie?
    Depends. There's a fair portion of selective truth-telling in most cases.

Teachers trained to not teach your child?
    As if this were a relevant example.

Waiters trained to not get your order right?
    Again, relevance? But to address it: service staff has a vested interest in NOT pissing off the customer. LE does not.

It seems to me that people that have issues with obeying the laws have the issues with LEO :dunno:
    There is no logic in this statement and certainly no evidence to support it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Not sure if it's going on with other officer's as well. What do you guys think?

It is simply a matter of telling people what you want the law to be. They are confused. It is not deliberate.

They don't know so they graft on something that they have read on the Internet. It's like 8th grade boys talking about sex. No one knows what it really is but they have "heard" stuff from older cousins or the Internet so they make up the gaps in their knowledge.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Depends. There's a fair portion of selective truth-telling in most cases.

As if this were a relevant example.

Again, relevance? But to address it: service staff has a vested interest in NOT pissing off the customer. LE does not.

There is no logic in this statement and certainly no evidence to support it.

Logic and relevancy are sometimes only for the open minded.

The point I was trying to make is that people are people and will resort to who they are regardless of training or they will put their own spin on it. People lie for their own self gain and don't have to be taught. Are children taught to lie other than watching their parents lie? They learn that if they say that the cat did it and get away with it then they are on to a way of life unless they are taught truth and integrity.

According to the logic of mrjarell LEO are taught to lie about everything. What about when I taught my kids to tell their Grandmother that they like that sweater (that could have easily won the ugliest sweater contest) she gave them for Christmas to keep from hurting her feelings. Was I teaching them to lie or be respectful?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Logic and relevancy are sometimes only for the open minded.

The point I was trying to make is that people are people and will resort to who they are regardless of training or they will put their own spin on it. People lie for their own self gain and don't have to be taught. Are children taught to lie other than watching their parents lie? They learn that if they say that the cat did it and get away with it then they are on to a way of life unless they are taught truth and integrity.

According to the logic of mrjarell LEO are taught to lie about everything. What about when I taught my kids to tell their Grandmother that they like that sweater (that could have easily won the ugliest sweater contest) she gave them for Christmas to keep from hurting her feelings. Was I teaching them to lie or be respectful?

Did you even read the links?

BTW I respect the vocation of public protection, but I draw a line between a Police officer that enforces the law and a JBT that considers his word to be law.

Remember start your recorder as soon as you see the lights in your mirror.

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    Been retired for 6 years, but keep in contact with current LEO at my present job, hospital security. I recently asked several of them about this issue, or if they prefer someone tell them if they are carrying when stopped. According to each of them, if you are licensed to carry in Indiana, when they run your driver's license check, it will also list if you have a carry permit issued or suspended.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Did you even read the links?

BTW I respect the vocation of public protection, but I draw a line between a Police officer that enforces the law and a JBT that considers his word to be law.

Remember start your recorder as soon as you see the lights in your mirror.

Yea I did scan the links and got what I needed to get from them.

:tinfoil: Loosen up the tin foil blue falcon and run back into the cave before a LEO spots you.

My Father-In-Law was a truck driver and parked his truck for the night to get some sleep while waiting for the business to open. When he woke up he noticed a LEO parked next to him. He got out and asked the officer if something was wrong. The officer told him that he was parked in a bad part of town so he parked next to him while completing paperwork so my Father-In-Law could get some sleep safely.

Do you think the officer was just lying and had ulterior motives?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Sorry goo man, I just re read my post and saw that I had written that all cops were bad, my bad.

Tay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    Plymouth
    I don't trust the Plymouth Police or Marshall County Sheriff. They can't answer any of my questions. They are completely unaware of any laws regarding carrying and think they have the right to make up laws on the spot. I can't stand it. Something has to be done.

eachitandi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Plymouth
    I don't trust the Plymouth Police or Marshall County Sheriff. They can't answer any of my questions. They are completely unaware of any laws regarding carrying and think they have the right to make up laws on the spot. I can't stand it. Something has to be done.

I spent about ten years on Plymouth Fire/EMS from my early 20's to about my early 30's. I use to know nearly all the local and county Leo's quite well. I've been out of it for a little over 10 years now and because of turn around I can probably count on one hand how many I still know. One in particular had a daughter who plays softball with mine. I run into him quite frequently. I will probably bring the subject up with him next time I see him and see what he has to say.

Tay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    Plymouth
    I spent about ten years on Plymouth Fire/EMS from my early 20's to about my early 30's. I use to know nearly all the local and county Leo's quite well. I've been out of it for a little over 10 years now and because of turn around I can probably count on one hand how many I still know. One in particular had a daughter who plays softball with mine. I run into him quite frequently. I will probably bring the subject up with him next time I see him and see what he has to say.

That would be wonderful. Let me know what he says please.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Sorry goo man, I just re read my post and saw that I had written that all cops were bad, my bad.

No Problem boo falcon.

We both agree on the not to inform issue. I just have a hard time lumping people together because of profession or career choices.

Some LEO aren't even qualified to be meter readers, just like some salesmen couldn't sell a snow cone to an eskimo.

I treat all people with respect until disrespected. Then my level reaches theirs.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Its sad that this happened and it was wrong, but one bad LEO don't make them all bad.... You should file your complaint and move on... Then whatever happens, happens... Maybe he will be put on nonpayed leave for awhile and get a chance to think about it or better yet lose his job ? He has access to your info " name and address" maybe he will send you a letter and apoligize ???

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So much fail.

No one is listening. Just pushing their agenda. Looks like a Libtard site. Cite? Sight?

Top Bottom