• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    What law would they be breaking if they don't take your word for it. I know if I was a cop I would never take anyone's word for it personally if they said no. I'd still be on high alert.

Now yes, if you say no they can't start searching to make sure you are telling the truth. (If that is what you mean)
    That is what I meant.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Interesting. Definitely not a normal "traffic stop" like we had been discussing.

Edit: BTW, it would have been helpful had you shared why you were stopped in the beginning.

Tay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    Plymouth
    Interesting. Definitely not a normal "traffic stop" like we had been discussing.

Edit: BTW, it would have been helpful had you shared why you were stopped in the beginning.

My bad, you're right. I should've.

TheSpark said:
    Pretty good but probably wont result in much. Officers are allowed to lie if they want and it appears he used that lie to get you to reveal if you were armed or not. Turns out it worked.

The whole weapons issue didn't arise until after he asked for ID and I presented my LTCH along with my DL. He proceeded to try to convince me that there was a Duty to Inform in Indiana and that I am REQUIRED to tell every LEO from this point forward that I have a firearm in the vehicle upon immediate contact. That's the issue I have here. I don't want LEO's spewing that sort of blasphemy out to individuals and getting them to play along. Especially the ones who take everything a LEO says as the law. Which is not the case.

I'm also in the process of getting an article in the local newspaper.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    My bad, you're right. I should've.

The whole weapons issue didn't arise until after he asked for ID and I presented my LTCH along with my DL. He proceeded to try to convince me that there was a Duty to Inform in Indiana and that I am REQUIRED to tell every LEO from this point forward that I have a firearm in the vehicle upon immediate contact. That's the issue I have here. I don't want LEO's spewing that sort of blasphemy out to individuals and getting them to play along. Especially the ones who take everything a LEO says as the law. Which is not the case.

I'm also in the process of getting an article in the local newspaper.

Good deal. Will you be telling officers voluntarily you are armed in the future?

Tay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    Plymouth
    Good deal. Will you be telling officers voluntarily you are armed in the future?

Ha. :laugh: Definitely not. Unless I'm up for causing some more trouble. :rockwoot:;)

EDIT to add: And as for the whole "threatening" situation, the kids were yelling expletives at us and we replied with a few F$#^ you's and some fingers. Guess they were a little butt-hurt.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I guess all that could have been avoided had you ignored the kids that were yelling at you.

Play

It definitely could have been. But I believe it brought a rather important issue in to the light.

stupid games

The issue that if you get into a yelling match with kids you may not be mature enough to carry a gun?

win

He dropped the F bomb, I would have too. :):

stupid prizes.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think there was some asshattery going on with all sides involved in the OP.

Top Bottom