• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I used to keep the Preparation H next to the toothpaste.

I used Toms Toothpaste when it first came out.
    Liked it so much I got Toms Shaving Cream too. With the shaving cream, you put just a dab in your palm and rub your hands together and it would foam up quite a bit. It was like concentrated stuff. Real strong.

Oh, and it also comes in a familiar tube.
    Guess what happens when you brush your teeth with it? :xmad:

Oip5Lci.jpg

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    An M80 is NOT dynamite!! Just like a pistol and 200 rounds of ammo is NOT an arsenal, and a semi auto weapon is NOT a machine gun. STUPID MEDIA spoon feeding the sheepies

I'm going back to my old neighborhood many years ago. Back then the M80 and 1/4 stick were totally different. M80's (firecrackers) were closely equivalent to cherry bombs and silver solutes; none that were ever closely related to what we called the 1/4 stick, which was more powerful. Maybe that is not what it was, but that is what we called it. That's not fake.....just the way it was.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I'm going back to my old neighborhood many years ago. Back then the M80 and 1/4 stick were totally different. M80's (firecrackers) were closely equivalent to cherry bombs and silver solutes; none that were ever closely related to what we called the 1/4 stick, which was more powerful. Maybe that is not what it was, but that is what we called it. That's not fake.....just the way it was.

What the old old timers called a "1/4 stick" WAS just an OVERSIZED M-80 filled with FLASH POWDER. The "1/4 stick" was just a marketing ploy to say that it was as LOUD as a 1/4 stick of dynamite. As I stated before, REAL dynamite requires a blasting cap to set it off.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Back in the 50"s the M80 was talked about as 1/4 stick of dynamite. As a teenage several of us would get together and buy a few. We would take them under a Bridge that passed over the Kankakee River in Northern Indiana. When a car approached, we would light one and toss it either in or on the edge of the water. It made a big enough bang that almost everyone stopped to check their tires.

I sure don't know how an M80 could ever be mistaken for a candle!

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    When I was younger, the M80's were red and had a wick on the side of it. Many years later I worked of a place where UPS would make a daily stop. One year the driver asked if we wanted any "quarter sticks" and sure, we did. They were off white, few inches tall and about an inching diameter - the wick was on top, not the side. Looked nothing like a M80, not even close; and allot louder.

Granted, it may not have been a 1/4 of dynamite, but it certainly was louder and more powerful than the much smaller M80.

I will agree, I do not understand how anyone could mistaken any firework for a candle.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    When I was younger, the M80's were red and had a wick on the side of it. Many years later I worked of a place where UPS would make a daily stop. One year the driver asked if we wanted any "quarter sticks" and sure, we did. They were off white, few inches tall and about an inching diameter - the wick was on top, not the side. Looked nothing like a M80, not even close; and allot louder.

Granted, it may not have been a 1/4 of dynamite, but it certainly was louder and more powerful than the much smaller M80.

I will agree, I do not understand how anyone could mistaken any firework for a candle.

Much like mistaking real guns for toys, it happens when you live in a nanny state like CT with no exposure to either. like anything, knowledge comes from (responsible) education and experience, not abstinence, taboo, and ignorance.

Top Bottom