• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    Can anyone recommend a starter electronic caller for hunting coyotes? I've been reading on other forums about the Foxpro spitfire and Primos turbo dogg. Like any other products they both have their pros and cons. Anyone have any first hand experience with these calls. I also pickup some hand calls last year on sale with dvds to help me out.

Thanks,
    Shaun

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Spitfire

I've hunted over both the spitfire and the turbodogg. I can't say I was too impressed with the turbodogg, but the spitfire did what it was supposed to do. Sound quality at higher volume was also much better with the foxpro. Good Luck and Happy hunting.

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I just got a Wildfire II from Basspro for $199 and it looks like it will be a great caller. It has/holds more sounds than the Spitfire , has a better remote and the "foxbang" setting. Pretty cool. Haven't had a chance to use it yet.

rebel357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    i use a johnny stewart digital. i have one with wire and one thats wireless. never had a problem with either and they work

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    Well guys been looking online for reviews on different calls. Found an article on building a homemade e call with parts from radioshack. I ended up building the e call for around $50. I figured give this a try before I spend the money on a fox pro and see if I like the sport of coyote hunting. Will be trying out the homemade call after deer season.

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Well guys been looking online for reviews on different calls. Found an article on building a homemade e call with parts from radioshack. I ended up building the e call for around $50. I figured give this a try before I spend the money on a fox pro and see if I like the sport of coyote hunting. Will be trying out the homemade call after deer season.

Care to share the article?

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    i use a johnny stewart digital. i have one with wire and one thats wireless. never had a problem with either and they work

I second that motion for the Johnny Stewart. I have the 99 dollar one with the wire and it works awesome. Pair it up with a quiver critter. Suckers came a runnin and I was a shootin. Got a nice one mounted for my basement wall.

Jrod

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    My only comment would be if ur hunting where they have been called before u may have problems with a electronic call. There are people using electronic calls all the time in ny area and the coyotes are not responding like they used to. I believe its the rapacious sounds they are figuring out. I use a mouth call and are calling them in where electronic callers can't.

Top Bottom