• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GLOCK1982

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    PARKE CO.
    Hi everyone. Does anyone out there own or have any experience with E.R. Shaw custum helical fluted rifle barrels? They are made in PA and seem to high grade barrels. They also do trigger/bolt action work. If anyone has any info or pics please post or pm. Enjoy the holidays>:)

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    dont have pics but have used them... not match grade, but not match grade priced either. definatly better than factory. if your doing a budget build they are a good solid option. GREAT customer service to.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    ...seem to high grade barrels.

They are anything but "high grade barrels".

They are attractively priced, and as such are finished to a LOW price point both inside and out.

If that suits your needs, go for it.

If you are looking for something "better" than what you'd expect on a production/volume produced OEM factory fit barrel - keep looking.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Shaw barrels

I have a Shaw HM2 barrel on a Charger and had another on a 10/22 HM2 conversion. I also have a Shaw barrel on a Savage M12 in .17 Fireball. All of them shoot very well. The other side of my story is that each of my Shaw-barreled guns changed calibers with the Shaw installation. Both the HM2s are/were much more accurate than they were as .22lrs but it's simply not fair to compare a 10/22 or Charger in .22lr to a HM2 version. The Savage was originally a .204 that just shot OK. I am extremely impressed with it's accuracy with the Shaw Fireball barrel.

I would buy another Shaw without hesitation.

GLOCK1982

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    PARKE CO.
    Seems like a split crowd. For those of you that dislike this manufacturer, what makers/barrels do you suggest for a middle of the road budget build?

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    For those of you that dislike this manufacturer, what makers/barrels do you suggest for a middle of the road budget build?

Don't misunderstand what I've said, there is no "dislike" here. Shaw products just don't fill my needs or that of my typical customer.

You've given no information as to what you are proposing to "build" and for what purpose, your performance expectations or even a budget for that matter.

PaPa 260

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    I suppose you can call me a barrel snob, if I am building a rifle, I will use either Krieger or Lilja. I feel they are the best of their respective rifling techniques. Having said that, I do have a 6.5 Grendel with a 20" E.R. Shaw barrel on it. I wanted a Grendel and all the custom builders had long waiting periods for their rifles. So I found an Grendel assembled upper from J & T Distributing hoping for a rifle that would hold 1 1/4 MOA since it had an E.R. Shaw barrel. I took my time breaking it in and it turned out to be a solid .5 MOA shooter with my hand loads using the 90 gr. TNT, 100 gr. Nosler B.T., and the 107 Sierra MatchKing. It cleans very easily. Maybe I just got lucky with a good one. But mine shoots good. YMMV. In talking to the tech at E.R. Shaw barrels, he told me their barrels are button rifled.

Have A Great Holiday Season

PaPa 260

worksalot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    I have a J&T grendel with an er shaw barrel I am still working up loads but have found many loads to shoot under .75 5 shot groups. I friend ordered his the same time from J&T and his regularly shoots .50 inch 5 shot groups(He is an awesome shooter and reloader). We are both extremely pleased.

Top Bottom