• ...and so much more!
  • Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Vent on:

I purchased a Bounty Hunter from EAA approximately 2 years ago. Seemed like a good buy at the time. I was told they have a lifetime warranty, etc. So, without doing any research, I purchased the gun. First mistake.

I took the firearm home and shot a few times (6 rounds), cleaned it and put it back in the vault. Then recently, I had a buddy over to do some pistol shooting. Brought the piece out and fired another 42 rounds through it. On the last one, something went wrong. The hammer fell back...no tension.

I unloaded the firearm and brought it back into the shop. After disassembly, I found the mainspring in two pieces. I was fairly frustrated seeing as how little it had been shot, but I should've done my homework. I decided to call EAA and get a replacement part.

I spoke to a lady on the phone...here's how the conversation went:

**"Hi (insert above story here). I was wondering if you could ship me out a replacement mainspring."
    "Sure I'd be glad to help you with that. That'll be $15 plus shipping."
    **"Excuse me ma'am, but don't these have a lifetime warranty?"
    "Do you have the sales receipt?"
    **"I'm sure I do somewhere...but does that really matter? It's clearly an EAA."
    "Well, we don't give warranties unless you have the original sales receipt."
    **"I've probably lost it, I'm sure..." Mistake #2
    "Oh...well...it's not covered then."
    **"Does it help that I'm an FFL?"
    "Well...let me check. (Pause) Yes...it'll be $9"
    **"Well ok...I guess I have to have it..."
    "Ok...your total will be $19."
    **"Wait a second...you just said $9."
    "Well it's $10 for shipping."
    **"You have got to be joking right? The spring weighs less than two paper clips...put it in an envelope and send it to me...44 cents!!! I'll even give you a buck for the envelope."
    "Sir, it's a flat rate for shipping. If you don't like it, don't get it."
    **"I tell you what. I will post this on INGO, a forum in Indiana that has thousands of members. And I PROMISE YOU, I will never, NEVER buy another product from your company, nor will I recommend a product from you company. Furthermore, I will deter anyone from purchasing from your company. Good day!"

Vent off.

Comments??? Suggestions??

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Ruger and/or Uberti are good choices. Uberti is about the closest to Colt, without being a Colt. They have great finish, good parts, and good accuracy.

Rugers are built like tanks. It doesn't matter what you get...you're going to get a good one from Ruger. And if you don't...they WILL take care of it or BUY you a new gun. Seen it happen first hand!!!

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    I'm a big collector of Western style single action revolvers, Rugers are my #1 choice. I've been considering purchasing other brands, looks like EAA just went to the Off Brand list. Pretty sad when a company won't stand behind their product over a $9.00 part.

joshuametivier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Columbus
    It's a total bummer that your pistol broke after less than 50 rounds, and I think your frustration is reasonably warranted. I don't have enough experience with the warranty department of any pistol manufacturer, but I can tell you that when I had to utilize the warranty on a Taurus of mine, they asked me for the serial number on the gun, and all my personal information before supplying me with the necessary parts. Maybe it's common practice? I don't know, but it seems like spending less than $20 dollars to repair a gun that cost you a whole lot more would be worth it regardless of the companies deplorable customer service. Joshua

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    It's a total bummer that your pistol broke after less than 50 rounds, and I think your frustration is reasonably warranted. I don't have enough experience with the warranty department of any pistol manufacturer, but I can tell you that when I had to utilize the warranty on a Taurus of mine, they asked me for the serial number on the gun, and all my personal information before supplying me with the necessary parts. Maybe it's common practice? I don't know, but it seems like spending less than $20 dollars to repair a gun that cost you a whole lot more would be worth it regardless of the companies deplorable customer service. Joshua

Josh,

I failed to mention that the lady on the phone INSISTED that I give her my serial number on my firearm. I repeatedly told her that it was none of her business what the serial number was. She said the reason was so the "guys in the back can pull the right part." I explained to her that I was the one paying for the part, and that I knew which part it was that I needed. I even supplied the part number to her. After much frustration and back and forth, she decided to let the serial number go.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    I have an EAA Witness. It was my first .45 and a great gun. I have put hundreds of rounds through it without an issue. Doesn't sound like I wil buy any more from them though.

Top Bottom