• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grube555

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011

I am looking to get my Father-in-law a single action revolver for Christmasand I was wondering if anyone has shot one of the EAA Bounty Hunters? I am justgoing to get him the .22 to plink with because he is a Veteran and has issueswith holding himself up due to injuries. He has shot my Witness and is a bigfan of EAA now. I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a little inputabout their revolvers. Seems like EAA is not a very popular brand around hereand I can see both sides of that road on that issue. It just seems like for the$ they are excellent guns. The Witness is a little heavy, but I have cycled ahuge # of rounds through it and never had 1 single issue. That pistol eatsanything you put in the clip and I love it. Any information about the revolverswill be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    :patriot:

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield

Get a Ruger single six as you won't lose money on it and you can find usedones as cheap as the EAA Bounty Hunter new. With theRuger you could maybe find one made the year he was born or maybe when yourwife was born.

Sorry didn't register .22 as all mine are .44 mag/sp or .45 colt.

I own 6 of them. They are good and will take a hotter load than the Colt1873 and clones. It has a transfer bar and pays Ruger for the use. Mine hasbeen used in SASS by kids that have passed through my life over the years.

Last edited:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have one with the .22lr and .22mag cylinders. Have had it almost two years. It is not the best quality you can buy, get a Ruger for better quality. But for plinking its great. I have lost count on the number of .22lr though mine. But it has held up very well. Only shot one box of mag though it, too expensive to just plink with. I would recommend one to anyone not wanting to pay Ruger prices.

Edit to add: I just realized you said he had trouble holding himself up. My EAA has a 6 inch barrel and is very heavy. If you want a .22 lighter to plink with you might want to go with a pistol like a Browning buckmark camper as long as he no problem loading the mags.

Top Bottom