• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Was going to buy a EAA 10mm but after reading all the reviews about people having problems with the frame cracking I decided against it.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've got a .38 Super Comp, 45 Comp and 10MM and they all work perfectly. I don't like the sites on the .45 and Super though. I'd rather have fixed 3 dots.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I had a 45 Witness a couple years ago but sold it because I couldn't get the sights and point of impact together. I was always about 18" high at 25 yards. I sold it to a friend who said it would be perfect for his wife because she was going to shoot for the groin anyway. It was also pretty heavy if I recall.

oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    I have a Witness Elite Match in .40, and a Witness Poly in .40. They are both great guns and super accurate. There is a a Tanfoglio specific forum All Tanfoglio And Witness Pistols Forum - Powered by ForumCo.com - The Forum Company and there is a subforum at Brian Enos EAA/Tanfoglio - Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
    I have had good luck with EAA overall, though I know others have had issues. I also enjoy dealing with Henning Wallgren at Henning's Shop : EAA Witness, Tanfoglio Parts, EGW 1911 Parts, AR-15 Parts, Pro Ears Hearing Protection, Brian Enos, Magazine Pads, Quality Competition Gun Parts. If you are going to shoot a Witness in competition, do yourself a favor and visit his site.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I have an EAA EZ9 and LOVE IT. Wonderful pistol, and fits my hand better than any other pistol I have held. Nothing but kudos for EAA.:rockwoot:

railbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Noblesville
    I have a 357 windicator that I have enjoyed shooting, you can't beat the price but it is a heavy gun. I had a problem with the cylinder release at first but nothing some oil did not fix.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    EAA doesn't make anything but imports all product - the Witness are Tanfoglio firearms and the Windicator is some German manufacturer.

The Witness Elite and Match - I've only heard good things about them. I had a standard 10mm, full-size Witness. Problem after problem and to say there was lack of support from the grouchy bastard that EAA calls a smith would be an understatement. There was a concerted effort to get EAA pulled as the distributor of Tanfoglio firearms through a grassroots effort on CZ forums... unsuccessful though if you want a standard Tanfoglio, there are other options besides EAA: Armalite, Armscorp and Baby Eagle.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Got a Witness Elite Match 9mm, Henning Guide Rod in it, got a new firing pin too, but haven't installed it yet.

Gun shoots MUCH better than I do. only 200 rounds though, not no FTF, or FTE or any other problems except making me want to buy more ammo and wishing I lived out of town to shoot more often...

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    What was the best modification you have done to you EAA? AND what was the best "bang for the buck" mod you made?

Well at the moment I'd have to say the Henning guide rod, apparently the way the stock guide rod is made, it can mushroom part of the internal frame over time, the Henning rod is supposed to prevent this.

At the moment, I see no mushrooming, but not a lot of rounds through yet either.

oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    On my Match I have the Henning fiber optic sight and a factory extended ambi safety. The cone fit guide rod is on my list for soon, as well as Henning's recoil spring. I also consider my Bladetech dropped offset holster and Double Alpha competition belt good accessories.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    On my Match I have the Henning fiber optic sight and a factory extended ambi safety. The cone fit guide rod is on my list for soon, as well as Henning's recoil spring. I also consider my Bladetech dropped offset holster and Double Alpha competition belt good accessories.

Got the Bladetech Stingray, and the Allen-head grip screws, still need to upgrade the grips someday. Since I've got a real carry gun now, I can find some flashier grips, lol.
    I also have a spare front sight so I can try my hand at dimpling and white-dotting the front sight.
    I like the idea of the upgraded trigger packs, but I don't like the straight trigger... Might play with a straight trigger in my 1911 .22 and see what I think after I've checked it out for a while...

Last edited:

Cloverdaleman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Cloverdale,Indiana
    Really, 150' right on ? :rolleyes:

I went out to the range today just to measure. I wanted to check to see how far off I was on my distance. I am sorry I was wrong! It was 163 Ft.(That is 54+ yards).
    I shot 33 rounds at this distance.
    They have a rule that you can't shoot into the ground. since I didn't have a way to set up targets, I went to the hill( back stop) and put them on it.
    That is why it was so far away. I did walk up to 30Ft. from the target and shot some 20 rounds. As I said before, I like this pistol.(EAA witness 9mm).

Last edited:

kspa57

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Avon
    Just a quick question, I'm thinking about buying EAA Witness full size in 9mm, and I hear that you can buy conversion kits for full size frames. So my question is can you convert 9mm Witness to a 40s&w? or is it only to .22lr? I'm not so clear about this issue, and couldn't really find any research on it either.
    I'll looking for either a 9mm or a 40s&w, the conversion kits are just a bonus, and a full size two, maybe there's other models that are possible to convert with a kit, but this is the least expensive for me and not too many negatives on the Witness.

Top Bottom