• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • koenig clone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    fairmount
    I was messing in the woods over by upland, to my amazement perched up in the top of a tree was an american eagle. I watched it take off and soar out of the tree. It was the most beautiful bird I have ever seen. The pride that bird represents really hits you in the gut, especially when you see it in person. Wow. It's awesome to see them returning to the area.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I was messing in the woods over by upland, to my amazement perched up in the top of a tree was an american eagle. I watched it take off and soar out of the tree. It was the most beautiful bird I have ever seen. The pride that bird represents really hits you in the gut, especially when you see it in person. Wow. It's awesome to see them returning to the area.

They are beautiful birds. There's several nesting pair along the East Fork of the White River pretty close to where I live and I get them fishing in my lake occasionally. Last year I was driving back home from a DHS meeting at Atterbury and had one that was sitting in the road take off and fly just ahead of us parallel to the road. We paced it for about a mile as it gained lift, the wingspan looked as wide as the road! (that long narrow road that goes from 252...)

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Now here is an awesome background.

Pic-a-Part

Went there to find a door for my Jeep Cherokee and the attendant that came out to torch it off pointed out the nesting Eagle there.

hickuleas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    deep in the woods
    I just saw one a few days ago at the the johnson/morgan county line st. rd. 44. Also saw two on the current river in missouri last fall. Awsome birds and looks like they are doing well.

BK Deer Hunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Southeast Indiana
    We had one that stayed here for the summer a couple of years ago. They say that there is a breeding pair at Versailles State Park. They are pretty birds. You can tell a difference in birds when you see one. At first you don't know what you are seeing then it hits you that it is an eagle. Much larger than hawks and other raptures.

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have yet to see one in Indiana, but any time I go to the White River I'm always looking around for them. I see them in Florida though, I really hope they become more common in this area.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I've seem a few at the zoo, but you're right, I always get "that feeling" when I see them. I tend to just take a step back and admire them. The eagle is a powerful icon. +1 Forefathers.

koenig clone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    fairmount
    ive never even heard of anyone seeing one around here. I looked up and though that hawk has a white tail, then well it has a white head, then holy shippin flit! thats an eagle! what a feeling.

glockpatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    A couple of days ago, my family and I saw a pair of eagles out by our home, 7 miles N/E of Covington, very majestic birds. I do get to see them at work every now and then. :patriot:

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Feelings.

Mods, what do you think? If I see a poacher shooting at an eagle, should I shoot to wound the poacher, and turn him in to authority, or dispatch him mercilessly, or beat him to death's door with his own gun?? Maybe take a poll. Pat

koenig clone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    fairmount
    Feelings. Mods, what do you think? If I see a poacher shooting at an eagle, should I shoot to wound the poacher, and turn him in to authority, or dispatch him mercilessly, or beat him to death's door with his own gun?? Maybe take a poll. Pat
    :alcoholic:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    There have been a few here in Jackson Co. I think the Muscatatuk wildlife refuge had a few for a while, and there were some down around the Starve Hollow area a few years back when the lake was drained.

I've seen a couple in person...and man, it is awesome. I was really amazed at how large they are.

mathews28

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    eagle

nest along with a couple birds was spotted around linton last year. nest could be seen from country road. haven't been over there this year to see if their still there

shaynster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Rochester
    Bald Eagle near Rochester

My nephew took this picture a couple days ago. They live 6-7 miles east of Rochester, it was in the trees in front of there house. He took the picture just as it took off.

Shayn

BaldEagle.jpg

Top Bottom