• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bhriindan82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    West Indy
    That's great news! I live just up the road from the Eagle Creek range. Are there any pistol training classes offered yet over there? The NRA pistol class is still listed as TBD.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Yes, we still have NRA classes, just waiting on enough folks to express interest. We've had a couple classes with only 1 person in it, FWIW. Just let us know a date that works for you, and we'll set one up.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Nope. There's always plenty of guns out there. If you want to shoot, bring some ammo; .22LR, 9mm, .40 S&W, 45ACP. Those are just the guns I bring :do2:

Seriously, just stop by Wal-Mart and get a box or 2 of ammo for what you're interested in shooting and come on out. We even have loaner ear muffs (although some have disappeared recently).

I'll be there this Saturday, but not Sunday. I'll make sure to bring some different pistols with me.

As far as the NRA class goes, you don't need a handgun or license to attend. We can provide the gun for the live-fire portion.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Steve,

That is good news. As soon as I get done with this traveling crap I will be back at the range. I am missing helping out there. I Should be able to help on either day in September. My August weekends are all booked right now.

-James

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Goes over basic nomenclature of handguns, safety, proper grip, yada, yada. Practical portion on the line, the fun part of the class. Then we cover cleaning and take the (open book) test.

A bit more involved than what I'm making it out to be. Good class for newbies, or anyone who has been away from shooting for a long while.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I was wondering if it ever would be... I mean I applied months ago and never heard anything... great to know it'll be open again on Sat before it gets nasty out.

Bhriindan82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    West Indy
    Just got back home from the range, had a great time. Got to meet a few other members in person, and I've got to say you all are a great bunch of folks!

sbnewsom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    St. John
    Great day at the range today. I took a buddy of mine who has never shot a handgun. After about 200 rounds, he was hooked. He says he is going to buy one next weekend at the Indy 1500!

1 more converted!

BeeRian

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yes, we still have NRA classes, just waiting on enough folks to express interest. We've had a couple classes with only 1 person in it, FWIW. Just let us know a date that works for you, and we'll set one up.

Im glad to see there is some more interest in the class. More than once we set up for class and at the last minute those who said they would come just flat out didnt show up. One guy said he'd be there two seperate times and didnt show up or even call either time.

Putting on the class is a lot of fun for everyone. Everyone Ive worked with has said they learned a lot and have a really good time. But it can be a pain to get there early to set up and buy materials for the class just to have people ditch at the last minute.

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Whats the scoop on minors taking the NRA class at Eagle Creek?

When I was about 13 I took the CCP class in CT with my father, I wasn't old enough to get the official cert but the instructor wrote me a letter of recommendation saying that I passed all phases with flying colors..

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Whats the scoop on minors taking the NRA class at Eagle Creek?

When I was about 13 I took the CCP class in CT with my father, I wasn't old enough to get the official cert but the instructor wrote me a letter of recommendation saying that I passed all phases with flying colors..

AFAIK, depending on the age, they may be able to do it. It is mostly lecture with some live fire at the end. We let minors if occompanied by an adult to shoot there as long as they are safe. There is also a written test at the end of the class. I may have to check the NRA handbook and see what their rules on age is for the class.

chaad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2008
    A couple of ladies I know are looking to shoot the Saturday after Labor Day. My thought is that we would head up that way. We will probably get up there by one or two. One owns an XD-9, and the other is in the market for her first handgun. Is this a membership deal, or by the hour, or how does it work? Who should I ask for to make sure I show the ladies a good time (cool it you animals:chillout:)?

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    A couple of ladies I know are looking to shoot the Saturday after Labor Day. My thought is that we would head up that way. We will probably get up there by one or two. One owns an XD-9, and the other is in the market for her first handgun. Is this a membership deal, or by the hour, or how does it work? Who should I ask for to make sure I show the ladies a good time (cool it you animals:chillout:)?

No membership, you pay per visit. The website is Eagle Creek Pistol Range

chaad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2008
    Goo info at the link. Thanks!

Anybody know how long a basic handgun safety course would take and approximate cost? I'm guessing they would be interested.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom