• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Today i had the pleasure of having my first visit at Eagle Creek Pistol Range, or ECPR. For those who don't know, this is the range used by the Indianapolis police dept. who train and practice there during the week, but is open to the public on weekends.
    After putting it off twice already, and unable to use the weather as an excuse since the firing line is covered by a roof, i managed to make it out there by about 11AM. The location is convenient, off of W56th near the intersection of Lafeyette, exit 121 if your coming up 1-65 north as i was.
    For facility passes, you get several choices, 1HR, all day, 10 visits, a full year(check with their website to confirm this) I chose the all day pass, good from 9-5 for $20, and was very happy with the value. A brief orientation is required which takes about 10 minutes. After purchasing my pass and entering the range area(remember put on your eye and ear protection), the supervising range officer(Guy) greeted me, and immediately proceeded to explain the range policies(orientation) and also allow for questions before leading me to the range.
    The range itself is an outdoor range, but as mentioned earlier provides a roof over the firing line. Paper targets are supplied and set up on wooden stands(which often get destroyed:):) and can be moved to various distances to accommodate the shooters preferred range. Range officers where very professional, friendly, and even had a sense of humor.
    For a rainy Sat. afternoon, it was a good time.
    Thanks guys:yesway:

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Sounds like your first visit is right on par with my first last year. Great place and very convenient. I haven't had an ounce of trouble from any RO and have received quite a bit of help for myself and friends who have been there.

My only suggestion would be to buy the 10 visit pass, definitely the way to go. (For me at least since my daughter likes to go with me). They even provided a shot up stand so we could destroy it with a shotgun, function tested a few other shotguns and the knowledge there is invaluable. Good people, I have even run into associates through work at the range, always a good time.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    Great First Visit!

Today i had the pleasure of having my first visit at Eagle Creek Pistol Range, or ECPR. For those who don't know, this is the range used by the Indianapolis police dept. who train and practice there during the week, but is open to the public on weekends.
    After putting it off twice already, and unable to use the weather as an excuse since the firing line is covered by a roof, i managed to make it out there by about 11AM. The location is convenient, off of W56th near the intersection of Lafeyette, exit 121 if your coming up 1-65 north as i was.
    For facility passes, you get several choices, 1HR, all day, 10 visits, a full year(check with their website to confirm this) I chose the all day pass, good from 9-5 for $20, and was very happy with the value. A brief orientation is required which takes about 10 minutes. After purchasing my pass and entering the range area(remember put on your eye and ear protection), the supervising range officer(Guy) greeted me, and immediately proceeded to explain the range policies(orientation) and also allow for questions before leading me to the range.
    The range itself is an outdoor range, but as mentioned earlier provides a roof over the firing line. Paper targets are supplied and set up on wooden stands(which often get destroyed:):) and can be moved to various distances to accommodate the shooters preferred range. Range officers where very professional, friendly, and even had a sense of humor.

+1 Big thanks to Guy, Dustin, and the rest of the staff working the range. My 16 year old son and I went for the first time today. Our experience was the same as cityartisan, all good.

A very safe and nice range facility, great friendly staff too.

We'll be back! :D

PappyD and Lil' Pappy

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    +1 Big thanks to Guy, Dustin, and the rest of the staff working the range. My 16 year old son and I went for the first time today. Our experience was the same as cityartisan, all good.

PappyD and Lil' Pappy
    Glad you guys had a great time. :yesway::yesway::yesway:

love the screen names BTW, lol

Randrayla

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    I've been meaning to make my way out there. How is the wait? I'm about sick of going to popguns and waiting 4 hours to shoot.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere

PappyD and Lil' Pappy

Also, keep in mind that the 10 minute safety orientation is only required for visitors FIRST time to the range each season AND your range time does NOT start until after you have gotten to the firing line. Just so nobody thinks they're losing 10 minutes of shooting time. :D

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville

PappyD and Lil' Pappy

Thank you very much - to you and the OP! These comments mean a lot to us!!!!

Guy

cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Also, keep in mind that the 10 minute safety orientation is only required for visitors FIRST time to the range each season AND your range time does NOT start until after you have gotten to the firing line. Just so nobody thinks they're losing 10 minutes of shooting time. :D
    Good point-thanks for clearing that kidd, i'll be sure to call on you in case backup is needed:)::ar15:

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Was there on Sunday with my son. Was my second time and it was great. Much nicer than Wilbur wright and on par and much closer than atterbury. A very well-runned facility, a quality range and a safe environment. Will be my go-to range from now on.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    I have seen this place listed on living social. They probably have a deal come through every couple months which makes it half price. Glad to hear its good.

Top Bottom