• ...and so much more!
  • vick1

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   1
    Dec 24, 2010
    Indiana
    What would the value be on an early 80's SP-1 Colt. Like new condition. No box or paperwork.... Colt Grey, all original, slick side, no forward assist.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I think he can get close to $1000, cause you don't find LIKE NEW COLT SP-1 anymore:twocents:

maybe with the right buyer. I say $800 because pre-ban here in indiana doesnt mean crap. if your a colt collector then you want the original box, manual, plastic bag, etc. otherwise you just have an old colt and you can spend $800 to $1000 and have a brand new colt with more modern features. The only reason to buy an SP-1 would be to collect it. for the reasons above, I dont think its very desirable to a true collector. now in another state pre-ban might mean more $$ but not here. and to a collector, like new is still USED. and used means less $$

you have an old nice gun thats worth $800 in indiana. if you go online you will get more. but you will also pay a fee to sell it and have to send it to an FFL if it goes out of state. we always like to see pics here :D:rockwoot: Im a colt fan myself

you really never know how much something will sell for until you try. i have seen a lot of people pay way more than something is supposed to be worth, just because they found what they wanted and didnt want to look any further. in the end, any gun is worth what you get out of it. good luck! unless you are into old colts, I would sell it online in another state and take the money and buy a brand new colt.

vick1

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   1
    Dec 24, 2010
    Indiana
    SP-1

Own two BCM's uppers with my lower builds already, no need for a new Colt..... I will probably just keep it, maybe take it to the next INDY 1500 to see what dealers have to say.... Thanks for the info.... Was told and have read that the 1/12 is wicked with the 55 grain bullet?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I've even seen low s/n colts gunbroker that weren't getting any bids, an didn't seem to bring any extra....doesn't seem to be very collectable.....but who knows the future, 30 yrs from now they could suddenly be desirable, an lower numbers will be worth alot, an we will say..."Man, I should of been getting them when they were worth 800.00..I could of made a killing!!!!".....I remind myself this when I yanked a SKS out of a crate at a gunshow an paid 89.00.....several yrs later when the hit 300.00 I said...."Man....I should of bought 5 crates!!!!"....who would of thought?

I still got my 5 digit SP1 from the 70's....just in case....lol

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    There have been a couple on here in recent months for $1000 and I don't think they sold. I think they are worth it, but I agree on $800 is about it for Indiana. I bought an upper with the stock and pg here for $550.

Dave

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom