• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Do me a favor and kill your limit. And be sure all your hunter friends kill theirs.

Take as many of those flying vermin that you can!!

billcollector

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    NW Indiana
    I am undecided if I want to go or not. Tired of fighting for state property blinds at 3:30 in the morning! Thinking I might try some land southern Indiana we have. Might even shoot a few doves

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    I'm hoping to get out for early goose. Got out twice last year in the early season.

Folks hunting over water or laying out?

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I need to start hunting geese. They are overrunning our family lake. They poop all over the shore line getting goose crap on my wheelchair tires ergo getting it on my hands. Not to mention they are mean. Almost shot a couple earlier this year for charging me while fishing. Not a huge threat but very obnoxious. I swear there are crips on the north shore, bloods on the south shore. They fight each other regularly.

redhead

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    I hope everyone gets out early season is usually hit and miss anyways, but being out hunting is better than sitting around the house. Good luck to all!!

northtownship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    The new 31 project costruction is about 500 feet west of my house.
    Seen at least 75 of them walking around about 30 yards from my road.
    Is it ok to take them?

hountzmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    SE Indiana
    Dad and I got 6 yesterday in a cow pasture. Had probably 100 that wanted into the field, the smaller flocks of 2-6 birds decoyed pretty easy, the bigger ones not so much. The pasture is eaten down so short there is pretty much nowhere to hide. The bigger flocks have more eyes and pick us out easier. Made the landowner happy to get some of them out of there.

Got 1 tonight. Drove into a farm we hunt to check a pond and see if there were any birds using it. Happened to see 1 bird struggling in the tall grass at the edge. It managed to get out in the water, we saw it had a badly broken wing. I grabbed the 11-87 out of the truck and finished it off. Hate to see an animal suffer, rather it go in my freezer than some yote's belly.

hountzmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    SE Indiana
    The new 31 project costruction is about 500 feet west of my house.
    Seen at least 75 of them walking around about 30 yards from my road.
    Is it ok to take them?

They are in season from September 1 - 15. You can take 5 a day. But be sure you read up on the regs on the DNR website. You need several components to complete your license and you want to be sure to follow the regs to the letter.

Waterfowl are federally regulated, and the feds take their rules seriously. The rules aren't hard to follow, just be sure you read up on them.

redhead

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Corey congrats getting some Geese, had no luck. Did get my 8yr old daughter out for the first time though which was a win! Hopefully we'll hit some fields this weekend, still too many boaters on the water who just love hunters.

Top Bottom