Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I want to plant the seed of a thought about the largest gunshow in the USA before there is no time to plan.

The Tulsa show is expecting more that 4,100 tables this year. If you ever want to attend a show where you cannot see everything this is it!

As a brief recap of last years show they have a good collection of American Indian stuff along w/ a small amount of nonfirearm "fluff," but it is mostly firearms.

There were all types of firearms, ranging from a good amount of olde C&R weapons to modern black. Last year price ranges varied widely which was nice. IF you want to buy a $100k shotgun, you can. IF you want to spend $125 on a Mosin, you can.

I honestly do not recall a large section of Class III firearms, but I may not have been paying attention to those things I cannot afford.

If anyone is interested in carpooling post it here.

If anyone is interested in a Tulsa meetup, post it here.

I plan on seeing if a meetup is happening from the Gunboards forum and if not I will organize it again.

It is only 75 days away so time to start planning.

Regards,

Doug

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Straighttactical,

Last year my trip miles were 1,795.2, so round to 1,800 miles. My care gets about 29mpg on highway, so round down 10% to say 26mpg. 1,800 / 26 = 69 gallons of gas. 69 gallons of gas @ $4.50 / gallon (guessing high) = $310.50 for gas.

Rooms at the Studio Plus = $40 per night for two (2) nights = $80. Great place that has a stove and refrigerator.

Attending the show each day is $10 so $20 for the weekend. This is w/ free parking.

So total cost for me will be $410.50.

The way I do it is begin on Thursday, late morning or early afternoon. Drive to a friends house in Branson, MO. He has room for four (4) guests. Catch up on old times and get some sleep. Drive into Tulsa about 3.5 Hour drive on Friday, get to room and chill for the day.

Get to show Saturday & Sunday. Sunday late afternoon depart for Branson. Visit w/ friend and stay the night. Leave early Monday morning, catch breakfast and have a leisurely ride back to Hoosierville.

Almost forgot, attend a Gunboards meetup on Saturday evening wherever it is.

Does this help?

Regards,

Doug

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Hoosierdood,

Last time I was in Branson it was Fuddruckers!:D Great food & great beer!

I'll try Lambert's this year!

Regards,

Doug

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Hey Just some more ugly questions

Well you hit on the fun stuff looking at guns, eating bbq, driving like a fool on some male roadtrip..

But on the more ugly side, what are the rules to purchasing a fine shooting iron at this show and getting it home..

I am sure ammo and non gun items are easy but what about a rifle or handgun.

--------------------------------------------------------------

On the down side I hate going to large shows with other guys, you are always under pressure to purchase something awesome to impress the others in the car.. Oh sure its a great feeling .. but hell always expensive..

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Indy1914a4,

When I questioned this myself on the Gunboards I was informed that federal law allows for the transportation of firearms from a purchase to ones home through multiple states

Here is the link to my post:

Legal Question - Traveling with firearms

The only State I worry about is Illinois. That is why I fill up on gas so I don't have any extra stops that are required, unless we pass an antique store and i need to stretch my legs!:D

I also keep a copy of the Federal Law, my C&R License, and my IN LTCF.

Regards,

Doug

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Personal Update w/ less than six (6) weeks to go

To All,

Just to let everyone know all of my friends have checked their schedules and will not be able to make it.

So, as of 30 Sept 11 I will have room for three (3) passengers should anyone care to join me.

Regards,

Doug

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone who wants to tag along Last Date Oct 27th

To All,

Folks are still invited to tag along but I shall have to close down the invite on October 27th. This will leave me two (2) weeks to plan the itinerary.

Should you attend on your own there will be a meetup on Saturday night, November 12th. I am working on the Gunboards to find out where folks will want to go.

Regards,

Doug

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom