• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I know a guy, an INGOer, who has one. But I've not picked his brain on how he likes it.

Novelty item... but a COOL novelty item. I think someone was even making holsters for them. THAT would be a neat item to carry. LOL

But man - $5k starting bid? I doubt it'll happen. But, I've been wrong once or twice before.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    I know a guy, an INGOer, who has one. But I've not picked his brain on how he likes it.

Novelty item... but a COOL novelty item. I think someone was even making holsters for them. THAT would be a neat item to carry. LOL

But man - $5k starting bid? I doubt it'll happen. But, I've been wrong once or twice before.
    I'd love one.
    Normal price on a production version is $1200ish, which is not horrible considering the suppressor.
    This serial #1 is odd though.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'd love one.
    Normal price on a production version is $1200ish, which is not horrible considering the suppressor.
    This serial #1 is odd though.

Agreed.

new price for an M&P 9mm is about $550. And an OK 9mm suppressor is in the $650 range. $1200 + $200 tax is pretty much what you'd have in a piecemeal setup. BUT, add in the extra cost of a threaded barrel, suppressor sights, etc. Piecemeal will probably be higher. The trade off is compactness and can't move the can from host to host.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    The Maxim 9 seems like the nearly perfect home defense handgun.
    After you mention all the extras like barrel, sights, RMR mount, it really is not a bad price.
    I'd say the Maxim has the compactness advantage, it's much shorter than a regular handgun plus a can.

traderjoe

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 3, 2020
    South Bend area
    Stuff like this gets out into the marketplace in a variety of ways. Probably not the only preproduction sample made. #1 always has the cool factor and there is always someone with the cash to spare

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I bought two (in FDE) on sale for $1000 each back in May of this year. Both still in NFA jail but conjugal visits have been nice.
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aot1KbgqZ2qgkuUAjAPbdd9MTO4eAg?e=fecv2G
    They are a ton of fun to shoot. They are the reason I decided to add 9mm dies to my bench. 147gr subs are super quiet from these.

All of that said...I could not imagine paying $5000 for one unless I was directly involved in the design/manufacturing process and wanted it as a keepsake.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom