• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Sarah Palin's family is fine but their house is not per her twitter feed......

With all that shaking around of an earthquake I'm sure at least one of them just got knocked up again. Too soon?

On a more serious note. I was just up in Anchorage last August and local people and historical sites still remembered the earthquake from '64 very well. That earthquake really crippled Anchorage for some time, but there aren't as many high rise buildings there as a person might suspect for the size of it's town. The nice thing about Alaskans is that they're generally prepared, generally tough, and definitely look out for each other. I think they'll go through a rough patch getting all fixed up, but ultimately they're all going to be fine.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    DtRthGgUUAA39N2.jpg
    DtRthFwVsAESozL.jpg
    DtRthGiUcAAh7KR.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    With all that shaking around of an earthquake I'm sure at least one of them just got knocked up again. Too soon?

On a more serious note. I was just up in Anchorage last August and local people and historical sites still remembered the earthquake from '64 very well. That earthquake really crippled Anchorage for some time, but there aren't as many high rise buildings there as a person might suspect for the size of it's town. The nice thing about Alaskans is that they're generally prepared, generally tough, and definitely look out for each other. I think they'll go through a rough patch getting all fixed up, but ultimately they're all going to be fine.

I used to joke around that working at a McDonald's in Alaska makes you tougher than the average Joe from the lower 48....That land builds character....

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I wonder how cold the pavement and soil underneath were when this happened and if the increased brittleness of the materials at lower temps made it worse than it might have been otherwise.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I wonder how cold the pavement and soil underneath were when this happened and if the increased brittleness of the materials at lower temps made it worse than it might have been otherwise.

I'm sure the cold didn't help anything.

Top Bottom