• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I don't understand why nobody is protesting how damn sticky the floor in that place was.
    I'm envisioning a future yootoob video of two combatants stuck to the floor like a mouse-board, neither able to reach their weapon. Then they pour acetone on the floor and they both run away in opposite directions like crazed deer.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don't understand why nobody is protesting how damn sticky the floor in that place was.
    I'm not sure which is worse. places where the floor is sticky, or where it is impossibly slick.

Like they were pushing the grease trolley to the dumpster and it was leaking, and somebody thought it would be a good idea to clean the grease up with JUST one pass with a rag mop full of hot water. So instead of actually cleaning it, they just spread it out evenly like a coat of wax. :faint:

Bugzilla

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I'm envisioning a future yootoob video of two combatants stuck to the floor like a mouse-board, neither able to reach their weapon. Then they pour acetone on the floor and they both run away in opposite directions like crazed deer Light them up! :flamethrower:
    FIFY

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Below, from the wishtv posted in #7... To me, it sounds like pandering to the idiots holding anti police signs. To a patrolman it probably sounds like yet another 'guesser' to 2nd guess, third guess, consultant guess. Geez, this jackwad attempted to murder another human, a cop none the less. Didn't every armed citizen in that BK have a right to shoot the MF'r in defense? Bodycam, biz video, eyewitness' all demonstrate appropriate use of force. I don't recognize the value in adding a "consultant". Not for this case specifically and not in general.

IMPD Assistant Chief Chris Bailey says the department will be looking at hiring a consultant to examine each police shooting to see if the agency can change how it handles them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Below, from the wishtv posted in #7... To me, it sounds like pandering to the idiots holding anti police signs. To a patrolman it probably sounds like yet another 'guesser' to 2nd guess, third guess, consultant guess. Geez, this jackwad attempted to murder another human, a cop none the less. Didn't every armed citizen in that BK have a right to shoot the MF'r in defense? Bodycam, biz video, eyewitness' all demonstrate appropriate use of force. I don't recognize the value in adding a "consultant". Not for this case specifically and not in general.

IMPD Assistant Chief Chris Bailey says the department will be looking at hiring a consultant to examine each police shooting to see if the agency can change how it handles them.
    OK, genius. How else would you handle this one?

(rhetorical/directed at Bailey, not MD)

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

I think when we see the consultant, their "qualifications" will be "obvious."

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And its really sad when you get criticized for killing a mope AFTER he shot you. So if a mope shooting you isnt justification for shooting him, what IS?

Do we just let our cops get murdered and then go find him and ask him nicely to come to the station for a cookie?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    And its really sad when you get criticized for killing a mope AFTER he shot you. So if a mope shooting you isnt justification for shooting him, what IS?

Do we just let our cops get murdered and then go find him and ask him nicely to come to the station for a cookie?
    To be fair...they will say the "cop should have de-escalated."

The other end of the de-escalation rainbow is "Portland," but still this BS persists.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    To be fair...they will say the "cop should have de-escalated."

The other end of the de-escalation rainbow is "Portland," but still this BS persists.
    My not-a-cop question is: was there a necessary reason to chase a tresspasser in the first place. Not a cop, never been a cop. Thought I wanted to be a cop a few different times.

Chances are good that I don't know the whole story on why the guy was chased.

I do know, though, that running from even a mostly casual police encounter flips a chase response switch in said police.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My not-a-cop question is: was there a necessary reason to chase a tresspasser in the first place. Not a cop, never been a cop. Thought I wanted to be a cop a few different times.

Chances are good that I don't know the whole story on why the guy was chased.

I do know, though, that running from even a mostly casual police encounter flips a chase response switch in said police.
    That is a good question. According to the linked story he was told to leave and he followed the officer's orders super efficiently, at a high rate of speed. Unless there is further reason like he had warrants (which isnt mentioned) I too fail to see a reason to pursue.

Not saying the officer is responsible. Just trying to understand why they persisted after he followed their orders. Feels like the story we were given isnt quite complete.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Speaking in broad generalities, and not this specific case because there is 100% info that's wrong or missing here.

1) If someone is previously trespassed from a property, their willingness to leave does not mitigate the fact they were *already* trespassing when found there. The leaving when told is for the *first time you're notified you're trespassing*, not all subsequent trespasses.

2) You can be trespassed from more than one place at a time.

3) More than one person can complain you're trespassing.

4) You don't have to chase someone to have another encounter with them later.

On consultants, I don't know what sort of consultant is under consideration, but we already hired a media consultant. It's the reason you see an explanation, pictures of the suspect's weapon, etc. so quickly now instead of saying nothing for months other than 'under investigation' while the false narrative gets spun up by others and gains traction. The public outcry over obviously good shoots is significantly less since we started putting out good info before the 'they shot him while he was reading the Bible to homeless orphans" narrative got ahead of it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So in theory he may have been good until #2 when they realized he had been trespassed from BK as well and was legally in no better position than where he came from?

And how awful do you have to be to be trespassed from multiple establishments? Maybe the cop did us all a favor then? (rhetorical)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    On consultants, I don't know what sort of consultant is under consideration, but we already hired a media consultant. It's the reason you see an explanation, pictures of the suspect's weapon, etc. so quickly now instead of saying nothing for months other than 'under investigation' while the false narrative gets spun up by others and gains traction. The public outcry over obviously good shoots is significantly less since we started putting out good info before the 'they shot him while he was reading the Bible to homeless orphans" narrative got ahead of it.
    Thanks for your input. It helps the average Joe to hear of a possibility or rationale not being discussed with regard to policing events. Now, this next statement isn't directed at you personally, but from your above post, my first thought was, No ****, Sherlock. Putting out facts in situations of good shoots, facts that can be easily obtained and demonstrated and favor law enforcement, probably shouldn't be held up for months. I'm not sure how much these consultants are paid, but this was easy money for him/her. Again, my sarcasm isn't directed at you personally. And before anyone jumps in with 'sometimes facts aren't known', 'sometimes facts cannot be released because there is an ongoing investigation.' etc. I get it. There will be exceptions.

Top Bottom