• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    Has anyone ever eaten crow before? After the hunny do list last sunday the wife and i cruised over to a friends to shoot some clays. In the midst of clay dust and shells flying we heard a few crows in the distance. So out came the crow call after a few squawks they flew and circled us presentng me with a shot. i shot one (licenced and in season) now this is not my first crow kill nor my last but i can tell you it was the first one i had breasted out. Bonus points because its acually pretty tasty and all i did was butterfly the breast then pan fry it with chives pepper and salt then shake it in some A1. im headed back out saturday to try and get some more the wife loves it

breasting process: find sternum slice a thumb sized hole and tear the skin back like a late nite cinemax movie to expose the breast meat. i cut it free from the sternum and ripped it off. there skin is just like rabit skin fyi and tears very easy.

if you have a recipe please post it:ingo:

bd1024

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    Indy
    Tastes like chicken, --- only edible part is the breast, easy to clean, Google some recipes, The old song about "4 and 20 blackbirds baked in a pie" is for real, and referring to crows.

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    Tastes like chicken, --- only edible part is the breast, easy to clean, Google some recipes, The old song about "4 and 20 blackbirds baked in a pie" is for real, and referring to crows.

I think it taste more like deer has that wild edge I like in game meat. Regardless if you haven't hunted crow before and want that animal to hunt to bridge the gap between the rod and rat season crow is it

Top Bottom