• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I replaced the slide on my G43, then replaced the frame. Now the only original parts on my carry gun are the G43 barrel & recoil spring. If I replace those two parts, I'll have the G43 back together with all of it's original parts. When it comes to pistol barrels, match grade means marketing trick to me. I don't want expensive flashy colored coatings. Button rifling is something I care about because I like to cast lead bullets. Other than that, my #1 concern is the barrel doesn't explode. #2 concern is good practical accuracy. No keyholing. #3 is price. I'm not trying to spend a lot of money on a barrel because of fancy coatings or clever marketing. I've bought cheap drill bits before that had zero heat treatment done to them. The bit didn't snap, it untwisted itself when drilling through carbon fiber. That's my concern with a $42 to $59 barrel. Bad heat treatment can be dangerous for a barrel. Worn out tooling & cutters means barrels with incorrect or inconsistent dimensions.

So has anyone bought one of these Ebay barrels? Any experience with them? I've seen a few YT videos on them, but honestly the few guys I watched reviewing them don't appear to know much about guns or shooting. I've seen Aim surplus selling G43 barrels for about the same price after shipping too. Any experience with Aim surplus barrels?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I’m not sure where aims prices fall, but cdnn sports has 43 threaded barrels for 89.99 plus shipping (used to be 9.99)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Avoid ebay. Pretty sure they dont want people selling gun parts on there, and if anything goes sideways ebay will just say "screw you. It was against our rules. You deserve to be scammed. And oh, BTW, both of your accounts are now cancelled."

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have 2 of the AIM barrels, a threaded G19 and a threaded G26. For the money, they are a good value. They are not the most accurate barrels, but I didn't have any feeding failures in the 50 or so rounds I have put through them. I bought them mainly just to try my buddy's suppressor on. At >$40 each, they make for good budget gun barrels.

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Avoid ebay. Pretty sure they dont want people selling gun parts on there, and if anything goes sideways ebay will just say "screw you.
    I don't use Ebay much anymore since they disconnected Paypal from their site. I am leaning towards the Aim Surplus website because they're a website. Also, Tcecil88 just said he has 2 of their barrels. $39.95 for a barrel is a great price. Their blem barrels are $29.95.

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have 2 of the AIM barrels, a threaded G19 and a threaded G26. For the money, they are a good value. They are not the most accurate barrels, but I didn't have any feeding failures in the 50 or so rounds I have put through them. I bought them mainly just to try my buddy's suppressor on. At >$40 each, they make for good budget gun barrels.
    Good to know. I'll definitely order one of their barrels and give it a try.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I've tried a few 'ebay' barrels, but quickly went back to and settled in with using just KKM Precision and Storm Lake Barrels...
    They're a bit 'salty' in price, but I've never had an issue with either and they're both pretty darn accurate!
    I've had a couple of the older Lone Wolf stainless barrels, that were pretty accurate, but their newer barrels, not so much!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I replaced the slide on my G43, then replaced the frame. Now the only original parts on my carry gun are the G43 barrel & recoil spring. If I replace those two parts, I'll have the G43 back together with all of it's original parts. When it comes to pistol barrels, match grade means marketing trick to me. I don't want expensive flashy colored coatings. Button rifling is something I care about because I like to cast lead bullets. Other than that, my #1 concern is the barrel doesn't explode. #2 concern is good practical accuracy. No keyholing. #3 is price. I'm not trying to spend a lot of money on a barrel because of fancy coatings or clever marketing. I've bought cheap drill bits before that had zero heat treatment done to them. The bit didn't snap, it untwisted itself when drilling through carbon fiber. That's my concern with a $42 to $59 barrel. Bad heat treatment can be dangerous for a barrel. Worn out tooling & cutters means barrels with incorrect or inconsistent dimensions.

So has anyone bought one of these Ebay barrels? Any experience with them? I've seen a few YT videos on them, but honestly the few guys I watched reviewing them don't appear to know much about guns or shooting. I've seen Aim surplus selling G43 barrels for about the same price after shipping too. Any experience with Aim surplus barrels?
    Here is a page of barrels you can get directly from Aim Supplus.
    From $30-$310

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    @GunsNstuff
    Check out Spectre Supply’s EBay store. They make deals with many name brand manufacturers to sell off overstock/overproduced parts at a discount. I ordered a Sig Sauer 1911 barrel from them last year for $80 and it was perfect.

This one might be worth it over the others you were looking at. It’s advertised as manufactured by the same company who had the Lone Wolf contract. I’m not too familiar with Glocks so I’ll let you decide if it’s the right one for your model.

Last edited:

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I
    Here is a page of barrels you can get directly from Aim Supplus.
    From $30-$310

I just bought an Aim Surplus threaded barrel for $29.95 and an OEM Glock 43/43x/48 recoil spring off Ebay for $9.95. After tax & shipping I spent $51.72 for the parts I needed. I really didn't want a threaded barrel, but that was $10 cheaper than the non threaded. I can always cut the threaded portion off or trade it for a non threaded barrel. That's not bad.

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've tried a few 'ebay' barrels, but quickly went back to and settled in with using just KKM Precision and Storm Lake Barrels...
    They're a bit 'salty' in price, but I've never had an issue with either and they're both pretty darn accurate!
    I've had a couple of the older Lone Wolf stainless barrels, that were pretty accurate, but their newer barrels, not so much!
    That's good to know about Lone Wolf. I had a 40 to 9mm G23 conversion barrel for maybe 10 years or more and it's been really accurate. I had a Storm Lake 40 to 9mm conversion barrel for a Glock 27 and that one worked well too. They were about $100 or so back when I bought them.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    @GunsNstuff
    Check out Spectre Supply’s EBay store. They make deals with many name brand manufacturers to sell off overstock/overproduced parts at a discount. I ordered a Sig Sauer 1911 barrel from them last year for $80 and it was perfect.

This one might be worth it over the others you were looking at. It’s advertised as manufactured by the same company who had the Lone Wolf contract. I’m not too familiar with Glocks so I’ll let you decide if it’s the right one for your model.

For the Glock pistols, this guy sells the old supplier of stainless barrels that Lone Wolf used to sell.
    I have one in my Glock 43x and it shoots pretty decent groups...

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have an older Lone Wolf G17 barrel and it is great. I also have 2 Lone Wolf Alpha barrels for the G40 and 42 and they are not bad, but the older barrel is definitely better. I have 2 Roscoe Bloodline barrels and a Faxon and they seem pretty nice, but a little pricey, so I always wait for a holiday sale to buy those.

CombatShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    NW
    That's good to know about Lone Wolf. I had a 40 to 9mm G23 conversion barrel for maybe 10 years or more and it's been really accurate. I had a Storm Lake 40 to 9mm conversion barrel for a Glock 27 and that one worked well too. They were about $100 or so back when I bought them.
    GunsNstuff .... Would you happen to know if the older Lone Wolf conversion barrels only had their logo on the top ? ................. No "Lone Wolf" name on them ?

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    GunsNstuff .... Would you happen to know if the older Lone Wolf conversion barrels only had their logo on the top ? ................. No "Lone Wolf" name on them ?
    Every LWD stainless barrel I've ever had had the Wolf logo on the top of it.
    The Spectre Supply barrels via eBay do not have any logo on them, even though they are from the same manufacturer.

CombatShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    NW
    The one for my G23 has a cartoon looking wolf on top on the barrel hood. I think they came with no logo too, but I could be wrong.
    Yes, that is exactly what I have. G23 to G19 and it has a cartoon looking wolf on it. Didn't know for sure if it was actually Lone Wolf until now. Thanks for the reply.

Top Bottom